1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

soul calibur 2?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by keyser, Oct 1, 2003.

1. keyser

keyser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Has anyone here played soul calibur 2? I know it has gotten rave reviews, but I am wondering if I would like it?

Does it play and look similar to Tekken4? I thought Tekken was total crap, slow gameplay and lame characters(an old guy in diapers, a bear wearing shorts ans sneakers and some pathetic tiger) and music(like japanese elevator music). I though it was no fun to play as these lamish characters with the lame music. It made me miss the fast paced action of street fighter turbo, and the coolness of the mortal kombat characters(and voice over).

If Soul Calibur 2 is similar to tekken I might rather buy Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, I haven´t playd it but I thought it looked cool(but the gameplay of previous MK´s has been awfull)

2. Test005

Test005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I myself ain't no big fan of fighting games but I bought this one to give it a fair try.
    I have been playing constantly and I find it really good!

There's a "Weapons Master" mode which is really good for single player. Gives you good training for those nights when your friends pop over and you can open up a can of whoop-ass :)

I say, if you have any interest what so ever in the best fighting game so far. Buy it!

ps. Everybody has weapons like swords, knifes and sledge hammers and there are no bears in diapers.
    Music and graphics are great, fast gameplay!!

3. keyser

keyser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cool. Then I might just buy this game. I´ll try and get the US version with progressive scan.

"if you have any interest what so ever in the best fighting game so far"
    I honestly think that Street Fighter 2 turbo for my SNES, is my FAR the best fighting game I haver ever played. Tons better than the Tekken´s, Mk´s and the other Street fighters(the newes ones are awfull.. capcom vs. street fighter AWFULL)

4. Test005

Test005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Give SC2 a try. I'm pretty sure you'll like it since lot's of people who knows fighting games swear by it.

Your from Iceland! Cool I always wanted to visit there because it seems so diffrent....or weird! (meant in a good way) I'm from Sweden.

5. Willy

Willy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think SC2 is really good. It's hardly different from the DC original, but that's no bad thing.