Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Soul Blade / Calibur on PS2?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Kazuya Mishima, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    When I owned the PS1 I had Soul Blade (or was it Soul Calibur?). It was one of my fave games ever - "Welcome to the stage of history!".

Are there plans for Soul Blade / Calibur for the PS2?

2. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Soul Calibur 2 will be released in September I think

3. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Thanks! Here's hoping......"Bangooooooooo!"
    :smashin:

4. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +795
    It is out now on Jap.

I loved it on the ps1 too, I have it on xbox and it is excellent the xbox version has Spawn in it, the gamecube version has Link in it (zelda fame) and I cant remember who is in the PS2 version.

Unfortunatley I got it the same week as Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution and I have to say that VF4 evo could well end up being the best game I have ever played, simply stunning, I have only been playing it for a few weeks and I have hardly scratched the surface.
    I beleive it has just come out on Pal, I would recommend this to anyone, it has the best one player mode ever in a fighter (you go round the jao arcades challenging) so you can really get you skill up before taking on real opponenets.

quite simply stunning !

5. jimmie2k

jimmie2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The PS2 version has Heihachi from the Tekken series as the bonus character. An odd choice really as he doesn't actually use a weapon like the other guys...

6. sc1977

sc1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    i had soul calibre on dreamcast and i couldnt put it down suffice to say sc2 is on my list (aswell as getting my dreamcast back):smashin:

7. MasterRusty

MasterRusty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IMO Soul Calibur 2 is the greatest fighter to date. I've had it on Jap since launch and love it. I've got the PS2 version which means Heihachi is the bonus character and although he might not have a weapon he is extremely quick, not too keen on using him though, didn't like the idea of the bonus characters seemed a little cheesy.

8. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +795

So you havent had VF4 Evo then ???

I never liked the Virtua series because, well, I don't even know why to be honest, but Evo is awesome. It is so deep everytime you play you get alittle more out of it.

I am trying to convert, it took a few years for me to be converted but so glad I have.

Soul Calibur on the DC was, along with Virtua tennis, the most played game ever with my mates, stunning even now, an outrage that the DC didnt take off the way it should have done.

For those that are going to get SC or VF you really need the official SC arcade sticks, completly changes the whole feel of the game, and adds to other arcade type games too, R-type Final, Gradius V with an arcade stick anyone ?? :devil:

9. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    i've had the xbox version for about 6 weeks now and its incredible, although it didn't put my jaw on the floor like the first time i saw it on the DC

but you should be warned the PS2 version is much slower (and imo doesn't look or feel as good as the DC version)

Gary

10. CMcK

CMcK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I have the Xbox version of SC2 and to be honest I'm not keen on it. The visuals aren't as stylish as the DC prequel and the gameplay seems to be missing something.
    Maybe they should have called it SC 1.5!