1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sos

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by adheer, Dec 25, 2002.

1. adheer

adheer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Happy Holidays.
    Need your help in selecting a cam corder. I am new in this field. Some guidelines required. Any good deals going on now?
    Thanx

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,531
    An idea of budget and how you would use it/what you would want from it are pretty much essential before anyone can advise you.

3. adheer

adheer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes. Less than 500$ budget. Mostly to shoot my infant son. I need to use it for atleast 3yrs. Thanx

4. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,531
    Try looking at the buyers guides on our sites here and here to get an indea about what features exist and what features you want.
    And then read the camcorder reviews at those sites to make a shortlist of some models. And then ask here for some real world experience with those models.
    I wanted a camcorder for pretty much the same reasons but wanted top DV picture quality so spent £1000 (which is around $1600 US) on a Sony TRV30.
    You won't get much choice for $500 US.