1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOS ... Which Speakers to Buy?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by b98013, Jun 2, 2005.

1. b98013

b98013

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ... I just joined AV Forums.
    Have been doing some research for quite some time to get a best 5.1 match for Denon AVR 2805 ... but am as clueless as when I started.
    My lounge is a standard medium-sized (probably 12x14) - and i am using Philips PW9509 as TV. I am trying to build a home cinema around the tv and avr 2805, and would be playing music on it as well. Have a varied taste in music - and listens to all sorts of stuff.
    So basically I am looking for an allrounder as far as the 5.1 speakers are concerned.
    The issue is that I have no knowledge of this - and am primarily clueless when it comes to evaluate speakers.
    Can anyone please tell me which speakers/sub-woofer to go for.
    My budget is around £750.

Thanks.

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    If you'e into music, then you better avoid sub/sat setups like the Kef Eggs, etc. They lack a decent midrange, essential for music listening.

You need a full range setup made up of bookshelf or floorstanders in the front, with a matching centre and rears. Get a sub if you need more bass and the wife/neighbours won't go ballistic. :(

Try something like AE Evo 3B, MA B2/B4's, Mission M33i's, Wharfedale Diamond 9 series, etc.

Have a trawl through some older posts on the Speaker section on this Forum - you'll find dozens of threads asking exactly the same question.