sorting my dvd collection into categories-pls help

E

Ewan

Hi!
I'm trying to sort my DVD collection into these Categories, action and adventure
Science Fiction, horror. The problem is I can't decide what category these films fit into-can anyone pls help.

Back to the future
The Matrix
Underworld
Batman
The Terminator movies
Lord of the Rings movies

P.S..does anyone else do this-or am I just sad?

Seth Gecko

retired member
Well if it were me.......

Back to the Future - is Sci-Fi/Comedy
The Matrix - Sci-Fi/Action
Underworld - Action/Horro
Batman - Adventure/Action
The Terminator - Sci-Fi/Action
Lord of the Rings - Adventure

This is what I'd suggest (as did DVD Profiler)

As to does anyone else do that - well I don't. I just catalogue it on DVD Profiler. Does all the hard work, so you don't have to (or some other cliche) :thumbsup:

Seth Gecko

retired member
Muzic man said:
Surely Lord of the Rings is Fantasy/Sci-fi :rolleyes:

Well it's Fantasy/Adventure apparently on DVD Profiler, although I'd never refer to it as Sci-Fi (although have referred to it as a lot of other names personally ;) )

However Ewan didn't offer Fantasy as an option, hence my not specifying it. I agree, but wasn't in the options given!

E

Ewan

Hi!
Thanks for the replies :)

I put Lord of the Rings under Action/Adventure in the end.

@Sadmuppet-nice dvd collection m8 :)

vicbarry

I dont want to throw a spanner in the works, but why not just do them alphabetical

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Hi,

For what it's worth, I'd say:-

Back To The Future - Adventure
The Matrix - Science-Fiction
Underworld - Horror
Batman - Fantasy
The Terminator series - Science-Fiction
The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy - Fantasy or Adventure

With all due respect, Ewan, I'm not quite sure why categorising these films has been so hard for you. :confused: I would have thought that they're fairly easy to categorise, when you look at them.

Imagine trying to classify something more complex, like "Dances With Wolves" (It's not a Western, per se, nor is it an adventure. It's not a comedy, nor thriller, nor a true drama! :eek: ) or even something more daring like "Run Lola Run", or perhaps "The Abyss". The ones you listed, seem to me, to fall into easily defined categories.

Pooch

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom