• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sorting and Deleting Tracks from Sony HD3

P

PeeweeOnTour

I have over 280 albums on my Sony HD3. Many of these I have put on her to listen to and then go back on to delete the tracks I don't like. Using an ipod to do this is very easy. Whatever you do in your library is updated on the ipod, however to do this on the HD3 seems to be ridiculously difficult! The library does not automatically sync with the player when it is connected. I therefore have to find each track individually on the player and delete it. This is made even more difficult by the fact that I cannot sort the tracks in any way when the device is connected to the computer?! On the right hand side of the screen all the tracks are in groups which are sorted in the order they were transferred and I can't seem to sort it in any other way. Am I missing something?:lease: help

Leigh

Polecatpete

I would be very interested to know if there is a work around too. I started deleting tracks I didn't like from my library thinking it would sync with the player but no such joy.

I got lazy yesterday and decided to format the player and transfer the stuff back on. (i had deleted quite a bit to free up some space) 11 hours and 13 minutes later :suicide: the transfer was complete !

P

PeeweeOnTour

Yes thats the only way I can think of too and as you've said it takes too long. I went into a sony shop in Australia to see if they could help, and it took me about half an hour to explain what the problem was, they didn't seem to understand why I would want the library to synch, or be able to sort the tracks in the device window? Obviously they only have about 200 tracks on their mp3 player, not over 3000. Anyway as no one has found a solution here, I'll email sony and see what they say.

D

djarend

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem and I don't understand why it would be so difficult to make this possible (this is an alphabetical list on the right side of your screen) everytime they have updated sonicstage I hope they would deal with this "problem" but still not. I once threw everything of my harddisc on the player and reinstalled the music so it was in alphabetical order again but when you something it's an enormous job to put it on the right place when you indeed have thousands of artists on your player, sony plaease do something about it

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom