Sorry Someone Else Has Logged In using your User name!!

cooleo

Established Member
Reaction score
got the psn up and running last night...downloaded and installed software...changed password....and got on COD.Black ops. During the third online game screen went black and a message popped up saying:
'You have been disconnected, someone else has signed on with this user name'
would not let me back on again. This morning everything was fine and so far so good.

Anyone experiernced this or knows how this is possible??

I go tthis too on COD:BO but I was able to log back in straight away, few issues with the system restart? Or maybe one of the hackers... :O

me 3

Playing away on COD: Blk Ops tongiht and then 'someone else signing in with this username' message popped up, the game I was in ended, went back to the main menu in cod.

I never got signed out and was straight back in playing a game in seconds.

This something to be worried about?

Did you guys change your password direct via the PS3, or did you have to wait to receive an email from Sony which allowed you to change it via their website?

I changed mine via the ps3, made me do it as soon as I signed in.

Will change again tonight.

Probably best to change your password I should think. :)

Well I changed mine with the forced software update. I can't see this being linked to the hacking....must be some kind of glitch with cod. It hasn't happened since so maybe its nothing.

I changed mine via PS3 and also did my sons account via email, happens on both accounts, in fact my son has had 6 freezes in about 4 hours play time.

The last 2 times haven't been hard freezes, they start off at what looks like a hard freeze then a black screen appears with the blacks op spinning logo on the bottom right of screen then the error message pops up as stated above.

No idea if it's related but I am always host.

Edit: tried logging into PSn on 'puter and site is down.

I too had this when I first changed it on the PS3. It only happened once and has been fine ever since. Maybe I will change my password again just in case.

Well .. I was on cod again last night and everything was ok. Mind you if there is somoene out there playing cod with my user name, I hope they are better than me because I have never been that good but since the psn relaunch I am even worse! LOL!!!

Well .. I was on cod again last night and everything was ok. Mind you if there is somoene out there playing cod with my user name, I hope they are better than me because I have never been that good but since the psn relaunch I am even worse! LOL!!!

Me 2, I was shocking the first few nights . . . starting to pick it up again now, my aiming is still suspect though

i got the same on the first night:

changed my password via ps3 at the start and then was playing COD BO. Up popped a message someone has signed in with my username and was signed out immediately.

Came back to XMB and changed my password and not had a problem since - buit strange really!

I too am completely rubbish since the network has come back up. Cant hit a cows bum with a bango.

Am I missing something here, I have changed my password, and had the confirmation email, however I still cannot access the ps store :confused:

i presume you cant get them until the ps store is up and then you have a month to do it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom