• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sorry same old question

mfrcus

Standard Member
First off hi all i'm a newbie to this forum .Here goes its the same old question sorry :suicide: I'm after a new tele probaly a 40" which will be used mainly for watching on sky & ps3 gameing & blu-ray plus ordinary dvd's .I've been looking at the samsung 40" 686 lcd the red one & allso the pani 42"plasma not sure of model but there both about £799 .What would you lot reccomend ,is it worth paying full price to get a 5yr garantee from somewhere like lakes ect..allso any others i should have a look at .The only problem i have at the mo is the wife prefers the look of the samsung :rolleyes: :D cheers marcus

Vangelis

Standard Member
Hi Markus
The old dilemma "LCD or Plasma" can only be answered by your eyes. IMO plasma panels are superior in many aspects (and if the Panasonic one is TH-42PZ80, then I think is the best choice here). And don't forget. A TV set must not be judged by its frame but by its content.

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom