Sorry - R1 US/Ca LOTR - probably again

stretcher

Established Member
Reaction score
DVD Boxoffice , the Canadian site, advertise this at £44.82 inc P&P
Play.com advertise it at £46.99 inc P&P - Collector's edition at that price of course.

Both sites say the only language is English - no French option for these two firms who normally source their sites from Canada. Looking at varoius threads, its been an issue about Canandian discs having English/French covers as well as French language.

So, the question is (after all that) is the Warner release the preferrred US version?

If therefore the Canadian sourced disc is exactly the same as the US disc, Amazon.ca have got it for £35.74, P&P included.

That's a helluva saving.

Any thoughts? By the way, I regularly use DVDboxoffice and Play, both being equally reliable.:rolleyes:

Never used amazon.ca or any amazon for that matter. Has anyone got a experience of amazon.ca?

I've ordered a couple of CDs from Amazon.ca - very reliable (as reliable as Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com and customer service was just as good) and fairly speedy delivery.

I have just had a look at the Amazon.ca site and they are doing a 'special' where you can get the 4-disk LOTR and SWII-AOTC quite cheaply. (about £32 for BOTH if my sums are right.)

Going to do a bit more hunting round myself first but soulnds like a good offer if anyones after both films.

Well, it might be worth taking the plunge - I 'd prefer not to have a bilingual cover though!!

Don't forget to bear in mind the customs duties when calculating the savings on these special offers.

Agreed - I've been damn lucky over the past three years, having only copped it three times - that was from orders via dvdexpress or express.com as they then changed to - I then found out that customes were targeting this particular firm so I stopped using them.

There was another good firm called reel.com, who don't export to the UK now - I had a couple of special boxed sets (in big packaging too) which came through without any problems

Do amazon.ca have there name or contents in in nice big lettering alkl over the packaging? Probably doesn't make a difference now, but just wondered.:)

Yes they do and they fill the forms out to the exact cent as well and include the P&P charge in that figure (as they are supposed to, by law). If you're looking for things to slip through, Amazon are the worse for this in my experience.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom