Sorry guys, it's another ''Help! I need a new TV and all this jargon is confusing me'' thread

Stan Hope

Banned
my old man's 24 inch Bush {yeah i know} has finally packed in, it was a ''bedroom tv'' so now the living room tv will be getting relegated to the bedroom

the plasma has been pretty good and still is in my uneducated opinion, so while i would expect that more than a decade later, anything i bought him now would be an upgrade, i still need advice to make that assumption a reality, don't really trust the ''buyers'' reviews on retailers websites, and that is why i came to be a member of your forum, i could go on, but i'll just get to the point, i began with a budget £600, but increased it when I saw a few forum comments had shat on my initial pick {Samsung QE55Q60T}

So i've picked these for no other reason than i felt i was going around in circles

Samsung UE55AU9007KX

Samsung QE55Q80T

would like to push the boat out a little more and go for a Sony Bravia KD-55XH9805 or low end entry to OLED, but it's going to be mostly Coronation Street & Walker Texas Ranger that's going to be viewed on it, although my wish is it will be used to watch Netflix & Prime.

any advice good or bad will be very much appreciated.

{one other unrelated thing before i go, whatever happened to curved screens ?}

vickster

Distinguished Member
Have you looked at the guides? They’ll give you good pointers

If you want to make the most of HDR material, look at high tier

tvdavid

Samsung QE55Q80T is a good tv

vickster

Distinguished Member
Link? Retailer?

martin 39

Really good tv for the money is it better than the Phillips no idea sorry never scene one i would imagine there much the same

vickster

Distinguished Member
make the most of it ? i'd need to know what than means first.

Stan Hope

Banned
so a little over 2 weeks and i think i've finally bought a new tv, came in a novice liking the look of a Samsung Q60T from my local Currys, a bit of AV Forums education, and i've bought a Q95T from Richer Sounds.

tvdavid

oh that a way better tv

Stan Hope

Banned
oh that a way better tv
really liked the idea of a Panasonic entry level Oled, but i can't trust my old man with that, so i went with a Q80T, only for them to be already out of stock when i ''bought'' it, by the time it had taken for my money to return to my account, i'd decide to go a little bit more with the budget

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom