Sorry guys, it's another ''Help! I need a new TV and all this jargon is confusing me'' thread

Stan Hope

Ex Member
Reaction score
my old man's 24 inch Bush {yeah i know} has finally packed in, it was a ''bedroom tv'' so now the living room tv will be getting relegated to the bedroom

the plasma has been pretty good and still is in my uneducated opinion, so while i would expect that more than a decade later, anything i bought him now would be an upgrade, i still need advice to make that assumption a reality, don't really trust the ''buyers'' reviews on retailers websites, and that is why i came to be a member of your forum, i could go on, but i'll just get to the point, i began with a budget £600, but increased it when I saw a few forum comments had shat on my initial pick {Samsung QE55Q60T}

So i've picked these for no other reason than i felt i was going around in circles

Samsung UE55AU9007KX

Samsung QE55Q80T

would like to push the boat out a little more and go for a Sony Bravia KD-55XH9805 or low end entry to OLED, but it's going to be mostly Coronation Street & Walker Texas Ranger that's going to be viewed on it, although my wish is it will be used to watch Netflix & Prime.

any advice good or bad will be very much appreciated.

{one other unrelated thing before i go, whatever happened to curved screens ?}

Have you looked at the guides? They’ll give you good pointers

If you want to make the most of HDR material, look at high tier

Samsung QE55Q80T is a good tv

You can get the panasonic hz980 oled this weekend for £849. Amazing price for this tv

Link? Retailer?

Really good tv for the money is it better than the Phillips no idea sorry never scene one i would imagine there much the same

make the most of it ? i'd need to know what than means first.

so a little over 2 weeks and i think i've finally bought a new tv, came in a novice liking the look of a Samsung Q60T from my local Currys, a bit of AV Forums education, and i've bought a Q95T from Richer Sounds.

oh that a way better tv

oh that a way better tv
really liked the idea of a Panasonic entry level Oled, but i can't trust my old man with that, so i went with a Q80T, only for them to be already out of stock when i ''bought'' it, by the time it had taken for my money to return to my account, i'd decide to go a little bit more with the budget

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom