sorry guys, but I need a rant

almightygoodgod

Prominent Member
Reaction score
was playing a ranked game of COD 3 last night, 6 on 6 war, was doing quite well for myself as usually I'm crap.

managed to get to the last flag, thought I was doing my team a favour, I then got a shout of get off the effing flag you Jew pr!ck (catholic by the way, not that that matters), we want to get some more kills to bump up our score. Now I was under the impression the aim of the game was to win the war, but before I could do anything about it one of my teamates shot me in the head with a 'take that you english f*ggot'.

manage to respawn and get back to the flag, assumed there must just have been one or two idiots on my team, and I managed to raise it. que an absolute torrent of abuse from my team mates, they all wanted to bump up their kill tallies to get points towards their achievements! Surely they should have been on battle rather than war, al of them then give me negative rep for use of innapropriate language! f**king tools!

that sucks mate, ive only just been getting my fill of live goodness for about a week, the only idiot i came across was during GOW when apparently i took his kill even though it was on Warzone, for that he kicked me out of the game!!!

some people take it far too seriously, think I might just stick to unranked games in future...

know what you mean, someone might abuse me for saying this but....its only a game :rolleyes:

feel free to add me to your friends list if you want mate, cant stay off GOW at the minute!

I was in a game on COD2 a while back on CTF.

Was doing real well until some little yank decided to start team killing when other people had got the flag.
He was then getting the flag for his score.
So, everytime I had the flag, I had to kill him also.
Was wondering back to our flagpoint and, someone who I thought was him, popped out from behind a building with his gun raised.
I shot him and it turned out to be the host who was guarding my back.
I said sorry, and tried to explain but he booted me and gave me bad rep.

I've also had it where you accidently kill a team mate with a random grenade or he gets in the way when I am shooting someone, say sorry but for the whole game, he then decides to spend all his time killing me.

I just don't bother with ranked matches as people only seem to be in it to get their points/achievements and you can also just leave if someones annoying you.

i find its a case of the lesser of two evils sometimes. without being big headed i'm not bad (by no means good!) so sometimes i find unranked matches a bit boring. but then on the other hand ranked games can be a p!ss take with the competiveness.

I'll join the rant, I'm getting tied of it. Jesus if these guys were down the pub (whoops, showing my age!!) you would take them one side and show them the meaning of respect.

As said before this is only a game. maybe some players need to get out more!!

I reckon they should scrap the whole gamer score thing. There's alot of sad people out there who only want bragging rights by way of there massive score. It's taking alot of the fun out of it. I know it's supposed to make it more competitive by matching you up withplayers of similar level in ranked matches. I'm no great gamer, but I seem to regularly get matched up with "super" gamers who whip my ass while massaging there inflated ego and racking up achievements and points. On a games console!!

I'm sticking to unranked player matches with some of the like minded people I've now got on my friends list.

Are ranked games generally like this i've just stuck to the unranked matches on gow?

I've found it's generally the Yanks who are abusive and take things far too seriously. If I go into a game and it's full of high pitched screaming yanks I tend to disconnect and try to find a different game with people who realise it is just a game.

I reckon they should scrap the whole gamer score thing. There's alot of sad people out there who only want bragging rights by way of there massive score. It's taking alot of the fun out of it. I know it's supposed to make it more competitive by matching you up withplayers of similar level in ranked matches. I'm no great gamer, but I seem to regularly get matched up with "super" gamers who whip my ass while massaging there inflated ego and racking up achievements and points. On a games console!!

I'm sticking to unranked player matches with some of the like minded people I've now got on my friends list.

Don't know about scrapping the gamerscore thing altogether.
I've never (tried) so hard in completing games and then even going back and doing it on an harder level (COD2,COD3 and Gears spring to mind).
I think it adds longevity to a game.
I think they should only give gamerpoints for the single player part of the game only like COD2.
Not only is it unfair to the people who don't have/want live, it ruins many MP games where you have people just trying to get achievements/points.
There are some points/achievements that you will NEVER get from games because they involve you becoming the top of leaderboards etc, and unless you spend every minute of the day on the game, you will never get them.
I now just go for the single player achievements/points and forget the others as I find some games bad in player matches for aggresivness, let alone the ranked matches.

This is the reason why I only play Xbox live games for fun. Too many idiots out there (12 year old yanks) who don't know how to play nice with others.

This is the reason why I only play Xbox live games for fun. Too many idiots out there (12 year old yanks) who don't know how to play nice with others.

I just report any loud mouthed yank to MS and report it as foul language ..... don't know if it does anything but it makes me fell better :)

By the way isn't the rep system useless?
I have 5 full rep stars on my gamertag.
85% prefered me
14% avoided me (quit early apparently.... mainly due to 12 year old idiot yanks).

Don't know where the other 1% went.

It's not like you can look at their rep feedback either and choose to kick them out based on that.

:confused:

I was playing canister retrievel on RS: Vegas in a player match and had a similiar thing.

Taking it to the van and I get told to leave it, because if you score with only a few seconds left in the match you get more experince points. How fun that is, defending the canister for another five mins and end up losing it at the end. I left the game and then that makes me look like a sore loser or bad player.

I'll add my rant to this, I was on COD3 on Sunday and it was about 6 vs 6 or there abouts - I was on a monster killing spree (42 in the end), and having a great game till 2 prats called 'sadd4m huss4in' and the same but (1) joined and started kill all of our team. One by one our team left, till it was just me and these two. I abused him for a few minutes with no communication back from him until the game had to be abandoned. It was a real shame as most of the people on were alright. I was so angry if he had been within attacking distance i'd have ripped his ******* head off.

Another thing you'll notice on COD3 is the guest; joebloggs(1) going on the opposite team to joebloggs and team killing people, you then punish the guest and your team's score goes down.

When you say guest '(1)' how does that work? Is it someone playing on the same network or what? I've seen a few names like this and just assumed they were friends or brothers or something like that, they both wanted the same name so they just put (1) on the end of one of them. Explain!

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this but I believe that it's if you've got two people playing on the same 360 at the same time. The first person is the person who's profile they are playing on and (1) is the guest/other player.

Unfortunatley I haven't had a chance to play CoD3 online yet as I was only home for the weekend last weekend, but come next Wednesday I'll be going CoD3 online crazy.

If anyone would like to add me on their friends list I'd appreciate it as at least I know I'll be able to have a good game online and not have some racist yank brat screaming how gay everything is all the time!!

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this but I believe that it's if you've got two people playing on the same 360 at the same time. The first person is the person who's profile they are playing on and (1) is the guest/other player.

Unfortunatley I haven't had a chance to play CoD3 online yet as I was only home for the weekend last weekend, but come next Wednesday I'll be going CoD3 online crazy.

If anyone would like to add me on their friends list I'd appreciate it as at least I know I'll be able to have a good game online and not have some racist yank brat screaming how gay everything is all the time!!

feel free to add me - almightygoodgod

Cheers robfjonesuk I will do, although i'm not back up in Liverpool where my 360 is until next Wednesday but I've got at least 7 days from then before my girlfriend comes up to visit so I'll be overdosing on my 360 until then! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rob and Pale Rider, i've added you guys to my friends list if that's ok,.
I'll have COD3 at Christmas so hope to jump in a game with you then :)

Joining in the rant...

When I first got Xbox Live playing PGR2 was AMAZING fun, chatting to like minded individuals having lots of fun paying cat & mouse and having a great time. Halo 2 was also quite fun at the start...until the APY (Army of Pre-pubescent Yanks) took over.

I've really gone off Xbox Live recently, just too many of the APY.

As I won't be able to get on my 360 until next Wednesday and my works computer blocks any site which mentions games, can someone let me know how many people can play online on CoD3 from one 360?

J_S it's fine that you've added me on your friends list, I should be online quite a bit from next Wednesday and the following two weeks after so anyone who wants to add me for some friendly CoD fun please do. As my girlfriend is spending Xmas with her family you'll find me online from about 10am'ish through to whenever I get too tired to keep my eyes open most days, lol.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom