Sorry - Dual Record Delayed AGAIN !!

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by james payne, Aug 14, 2003.

Tags:
  1. james payne

james payne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sorry to say that information has been passed(from what seems to be a reliable source) that the long overdue Dual Record funtion on Sky + has been delayed yet again!!

It was anticipated that the function would be made available to users from mid to the end of August, however it now appears to have been put off to October!!!

This is news that we don't really want to believe, however it has come from people who work for Sky CS, and have had their training that was for this week postponed to another date.

Regards James

2. purple52

purple52
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The dual recording feature gets a half page slot (page 51) in the latest (September 2003) Sky magazine:

"By the time you get this magazine it may already be available; if not, keep an eye out becasue it'll be coming soon."

3. james payne

james payne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Take into account though that these magazines and articles are put together about 6 weeks in advance.

Working on that theory, Sky would of anticipated Dual Recording being available round about now.

Unfortunately unexpected problems with the s/ware has developed therefore it is now not likely until October.

Still as you say, the article states " coming soon ", however not as soon as they anticipated.

4. purple52

purple52
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    still, at least it shows they're trying :cool:

...our patience, anyway...

5. james payne

james payne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Absolutely Purple52 you're spot on, they're certainly trying our patience !!

Considering this was talked about as " coming soon " over 12 months ago, it makes you wonder how much patience Sky think we have.

Saying that though, Sky have us over a barrell, well they do me anyway. I've had Sky+ since launch and there's absolutely no way i'd want to get rid of it........and Sky unfortunately no this.