1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SORRY but i know !!!!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Bacus, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Bacus

Bacus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,509
    YEP..... This has probely been covered be for but having just gone on Richer Sounds web site and seen the PIONEER PDP435FDE on sale at £2500.00 !! Has any one got one of these, or has anybody got any feed back on this sreen ? I mainly want to use it for SKY viewing ! I have read review on PIONEER PDP-435XDE and it sats that its only good on High Quality sources rather than a direct replacement for a TV !! I need a direct replacement for a TV and Richer Sounds price seems very keen. I need HDMI input as a standard aswell. Any info will be gladly read ! Give me some help :lease:

2. Bacus

Bacus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,509
    :lease: OH come on people just some feed back would be nice !! i know it has probely been asked B4 but i need some info on it ?? :suicide:

3. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,948
    Have you tried doing a search for 435FDE on these very forums? Or on google? Should give you all the info you need...

Andy

4. Bacus

Bacus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,509
    I have had a bref look on here mate, but there does not seem to be the info i need to keep the other half happy !! She is a big problem as she to is reading on here and starting to know more and more and dont want me spending hard earned cash on a screen that she aint happy with !! I need HD ready screen that looks great with SKY DIGI....i.e. dont want the cartoon affect faces as seen on other plasma screens !! :lease:

5. dilsher

dilsher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I do know the majority verdict on here is that the Pio is very good at HD - but useless wiv standard TV signals e.g. Sky. Fact! It is useless for Sky...The FDE is also somehow worse than the XDE model according to What Hi Fi (if you read dat sorta thing). The majority view is for, Sky viewing, the Panny is great - but no HD until series 8 later this year ..and more money than the "giveaway cos it aint selling" Pio FDE.

Regards

Dil

6. Bacus

Bacus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,509
    Thanx for that..i wont bother with pioneer now as i have to get really good PQ on sky. I have had the very bad tiny screen and need something a thousend times better,but with HD ready.

7. dilsher

dilsher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    good luck with wotever you chose mate...

Dil

8. danny daniell

danny daniell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    No "cartoon faces" on my screen,mate...except for Cbeebies!!. Before you discard the Pio,why not go & check it out at a reputable dealer(who should have it set up properly...i.e all the DNR etc switched off) & you may be pleasantly surprised.

Dan :)

9. Tomo1971

Tomo1971
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have the FDE, its exactly the same panel as the XDE, its just the media box that changes (extra connections for PC, freeview, card reader slot etc). I have telewest and am very happy with the PQ on it with maybe the exception of eastenders/corrie. Having said that, even the lower quality broadcasts seem to of improved now the set is run in.

Steve

10. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    There are software and hardware differences between the 2 models, I am unable to tell the RGB scart pictures apart, however. As you see there are 2 camps on the PQ. Nobody argues about the HDMI picture, it will blow you away, it's the scart that is the potential problem. The only thing we can say is go see it, and make sure you get a demo of freeview on scart if not sky (sky might be hard to find). You might find it well within your bounds of tolerance. Panasonic HDMI or HDCP DVI can offer 480p@60Hz and 576p@50Hz, but not 720p@50Hz, so scaling DVD players must be left at 576P for PAL material.

11. danny daniell

danny daniell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    There are definitely issues with "mosquito noise" on the Xde although where i view from (about 12ft from screen) it just disappears....it`s also more prevalent on certain Sky channels,on others, its gone.

12. Bacus

Bacus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,509
    Thanks for all your input. I have called a few places down on the south coast (where i live) to try and sort out a demo of this set......but most places do not have it now ! only the new 50" pioneer ! I cant seem to get through to richer sounds who are advertising this model to get a showing ! and i dont want to buy blind.

13. danny daniell

danny daniell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Digi-techtronics do the 43"XDE for around £2,600 if thats any help,but yes,do demo first.

Dan