sorry another which tv thread 4k and 3d

cypher007

Established Member
Reaction score
thinking of upgrading my Sammy le40786. its a great set but I'm wondering if newer 4k sets will blow me away. on a side note how many years before oled gets sub £1000?

I'm looking at maybe this as the spec.

42-46"
3d (passive, as I'm guessing its less hassle)
full HD tuner
smart apps

less essential hdd playback of mkv dts.
PVR

I`ve just upgraded my main tv from an LG 55LM760T 3D tv to a Samsung UE55JU7500 4K 3D curved tv,the LG was not cheap and was considered a very good mid range tv when i bought it 3 years ago.

I`ve only had the new samsung a few days and all i can say is NIGHT AND DAY difference,i have`nt messed with any settings like i have on the LG its just out of the box and switched on,also i have`nt watched any 4K content as yet only HD/upscaledHD.

I wasn`t keen on the curve idea and im still not,personally i think its just a selling gimmick and you wont notice any real difference unless you go for a really big screen tv say 65" and above,but the quality and performance is off the scale and out of this world compared.

So my initial thoughts and reactions were and are...BLOWN COMPLETELY AWAY :thumbsup:

cheers sandman, any ref to logans run?

is it hdr upgradable do you know? been doing a bit of research and this seems to be the latest buzz word that will apparently make 4k look good.

also I'm struggling to find 46-50" 4k sets in the mid range. we sit about 6ft from the 40" and that seems big at times. I just don't want to get a 55" and have my missus whining about how big it is.

anyone know if the 7500 is hdr upgradable?

read an article recently which suggested as long as the tv had hdcp 2.2 and hdmi 2.2 it should be firmware upgradable to hdr. though how many manufacturers are gonna do this FOC I wouldn't like to speculate. would think they would want people to upgrade again.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom