1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorry another newbie question!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Redrob, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Redrob

Redrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys n gals!
    I've finally gone and done it and bought a plasma screen :clap: Got a Pana PW6 arriving tomorrow, so I thought while I'm at it I might as well get a DVD R. This is where you come in :) Do I spend £250ish on a DVD R or £400ish on a DVDR/HDD? and which make/model :suicide:
    I have the plasma with an extra scart board and a Humax 5400 Sat receiver that will be the main source of recordings onto media :devil: also like the sound of Sky+ for £99 installed so add that in! what is the best way to go?
    Sorry to bore you but the AV shopping bug has bitten :rotfl:

Cheers in advance

2. brethy

brethy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there,
    we've just bought the panasonic dmr - e55 from richer sound it has turned out to be superb :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ,and would recommend
    it to anyone,we also plunged into the depths of plasma tv this year and don't
    regret any of it ,the dvd recorder can only be classed as the icing on the cake :smashin:

3. get1a2get1a2

get1a2get1a2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just Wondering

4. Redrob

Redrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Brethy,
    Yeah the Pana E55 is one I'm considering if I go down the none HD route, tho the E65 has iLink & Mem card slot for around £80 more... so confusing!!!

5. brethy

brethy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi redrob
    the e55 is the one without hd ,even so as i said it's a great machine which with a bit of haggling in store they gave it for the web price of £ 229.95.
    just for some helpful advice the recorder was very easy to set up and it seems very easy to operate,after which you get great results,i just hope this will help you with your choice :) :thumbsup:

6. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,204
    Redrob, you need to decide if you want to make editted recordings that play on other DVD players. If you do look at a HDD/DVDR such as the Toshiba RDXS32, Panasonic E85 or Panasonic E95. If you don't then look at standalones such as the Panasonic E55/E65, Sony GX3000, Toshiba DR3 or Pioneer 220.

If you think you might be happy to go down the PC authoring route then a standalone will suffice although a HDD/DVDR will still make life a little easier.

On a seperate issue Sky+ is well worth getting (despite it's problems) - although a short while after getting it you'll probably want to copy stuff to DVD because your HDD is filling up! In short get Sky+ and a DVDR!

7. Redrob

Redrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Rasczak,
    Think it's the Toshiba RDXS32 & Sky+ then!

Redrob