Sopranos - Season 6 [US][SPOILERS]

Kelltic

I enjoyed the opening episode of the 2nd part of season 6 - Home Movies, though it was a little slow.

Again we see Tony's insecurity with his age and his health and again he reveals his nasty venegeful side. I am guessing Bobby will be done for the murder due to the kid grabbing and ripping a chunk off his T-shirt and from the conversation he and Tony had on the boat when Bobby talks about DNA being the bug bear of the modern hitman ;)

I enjoyed the opening episode of the 2nd part of season 6 - Home Movies, though it was a little slow.

Again we see Tony's insecurity with his age and his health and again he reveals his nasty venegeful side. I am guessing Bobby will be done for the murder due to the kid grabbing and ripping a chunk off his T-shirt and from the conversation he and Tony had on the boat when Bobby talks about DNA being the bug bear of the modern hitman ;)

yep i also enjoyed it - i liked the slower episodes sometimes...

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Bobby doing a deal and testifying against tony was the first thing that occurred to me but hasn't the sopranos always been impossible to predict. I love the way they open story threads but don't always close or explain them in the same way most dramas do.
It just seems to obvious for them to use this storyline.

pmc

They seem to be setting Tony up for a fall, that is maybe too obvious. He seems to be pisssing everybody off whilst the Fed's are also closing in. So either someone close to him is going to off him or the Fed's will get him. Or that's what we are supposed to think. It'll be interesting to see if they can find another way to finish it.

pmc

Great episode this week. It it just a coincedence that the best episodes have Dr Melfi in them?

The moment when Chris shoots the guy is classic Sopranos. He's trying to talk to him about his problems, 'Chris I can't listen to this, you're in the mafia'. 'Ok' BANG.

I think that one moment may be the beginning of the end. Only 4 more episodes to go. It's terrible to think it will soon be over. I'm savouring every last minute left.

wokeye

Has anybody any idea when the latest series of The Sopranos will be on TV in the UK by any chance??

AML

Just watched 6-18 and bloody hell! Cant beleive tony would do that to chris! :eek:

Cant beleive he is just gone!

Regarding the above comments, I dont really feel like the story is going anywhere. Theres no real build up for the finale.

Yes, a lot of things have been happening, but none of it seems to be related to anything. It all seems random everyday things (for tony) to be honest.

Looking forward to what they have planed for the final, but sad to see it end.

bonobaby

Just watched 6-18 and bloody hell! Cant beleive tony would do that to chris! :eek:

Cant beleive he is just gone!

Regarding the above comments, I dont really feel like the story is going anywhere. Theres no real build up for the finale.

Yes, a lot of things have been happening, but none of it seems to be related to anything. It all seems random everyday things (for tony) to be honest.

Looking forward to what they have planed for the final, but sad to see it end.

must admit im going to have watch this agian as i couldnt take in what tony had done , kept thinking it was going to be a bobby ewing thing and he would wake up and have dreamt the the whole thing.
im going to be sad to see this go its the only bit of tv i watch apart from top gear.

pmc

OH

MY

F****

GOD!!!!

What an episode, I can't believe they did that. What writing. That one scene took 6 years in the making. All the stuff that had to happen between Chris and Tony to get to that point. Wow.

The amazing thing is that they do it at the start of the episode, then spend the rest of it showing us the after effects. Most shows would have had it as the end. Taken with the end of the previous episode it's a real double whammy.

Another thing I loved was Tony's using his years of therapy to justify it to himself. The only thing he learned in all those years with Dr Melfi was how to express his psychopathic behaviour, not how to stop it. Another lovely bit of writing.

They really seem to be going out of the way to make Tony as despicable as possible in these last few episodes. I wonder where it will lead. I'm hanging on every scene.

AML

Its possible they want us to "hate" tony so that we dont feel sad to see him dead!

They may be planing to kill him off. Im sure after what he has done a lot of fans wont complain (if thats what they plan to do).

That was probably the most shocking ep of this season.

It really shows how insecure tony is and how with these people (mafia) it is all about survival of the fittest. Familly or no.

Kelltic

Excellent episode, completely surprised me with the timing of it. So, now that Tony has gotten rid of his bad luck charm in Chris, he still has to resolve issues with Paulie and Bobby, and then finally the NY mob led by Phil now. Cant wait to watch the next episode tonight:thumbsup:

AML

It does seem like its moving to a showdown between him and phil leotardo.
I have a feeling he will be looking to his crew for support but they may just stab him in the back and phil "take care" of him.

Since we only see the story from tonys point of view it would be a total surprise.

Just guessing though. Cant wait to see the ending they have planned for tony!

pmc

Next week (or in fact later this week :) )is the penultimate episode. There are 21 in total.

enablerbro1

You've got to say that the season is ramping up the quality the closer it gets to the end, this weeks episode was as good as it's ever been. Will be a shame when it's all done.

Kelltic

The last shot of Tony walking into the secure unit to visit AJ was just superb - if that aint a guy with all the troubles in the world weighing him down!

wow

we all knew it was gonna end like this but man..... i feel so depressed right now

superb episode but ... come on why SPOILER
Bobbi - hes like the nicest gangsta in the world!
END SPOILER

everything leads onto the final episode nicely

i cant believe that the greatest tv show in history is almost over! :mad:

note: i dont for the life of me understand why SPOILER
Furio WAS NOT BROUGHT BACK TO SORT OUT PHIL!! - who the hell were the **** faces who got called in!
SPOILER

AML

Next week is the last one!

I guess we can see where its going after ep 20.

Its pretty crazy after 6 seasons to be doing this to tony!
:(

pmc

Another stupendous episode this week. It's all going off. Poor Bobby and Silvio. I guess that's the last we'll see of Dr Melfi as well.

This season has been superb and just gets better with every episode. Even by The Sopranos own standards its been exceptional. Great that the show is going out on a high.

One thing I've noticed this season is that they go to an effort to remind us that these are bad guys before offing them. We had Chris kill his friend the show before he was killed. We has Silvio kill someone in this weeks episode and Bobby broke his cherry earlier in the season. Perhaps is a little moralistic of them. Even in The Sopranos you can't escape from the moral majority in the US.

Anything could happen next week. I'm hoping for a big Sam Peckinpah/Scarface style ending for Tony. We'll see.

GoldenArms

I already miss Sil. He was my favorite character. Always could catch him doing some random **** around the office.

The season has been outstanding, but I guess after some of the negative criticism it got for the previous seasons they had to step it up this year.

Great show!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for September 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
ASUS unveils new 4K OLED gaming monitors
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Disney+ confirms price increases coming in December