1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soon to join your Arcam Club!

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by jonjon, May 21, 2004.

Tags:
  1. jonjon

jonjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Just been for a demo of some gear to complete the next stage of my/our home cinema set up.

Currently Pioneer PDP-434HDE, Sky+ and a four letter word beginning with the letter 'B' 3-2-1 fake surround sound thing and that is just p!ssing me off now!

Checked the DV79 with a AVR300, also a Pioneer 868 with a Harman Kardon 630 (around the £1,000 mark?) and mixed and matched them around. Listening through Monitor Audio Radius speakers all I can say is SOLD!! :D

The HDMI output from the DV79 was more colourful and had more sense of depth than the Pioneer (which had little, if any, difference between HDMI and compsite) and the sound was just amazing (remember I've been with Bose for 18months :blush: ). DV79 has been ordered but I do want to check out other receivers (Dennon and Yamaha), £1,300 is a lorra dough after you've spent £999 on a DVD player and still have speakers and sub to buy!!!! I was on a £2 - 2,500 budget! But then again I never thought I'd spend that much on a TV!
    :oops:

Thnking along the lines of the AVR300 I don't think I can go far wrong, I'm sure make for make set ups compliment further than just asthetics.

Do you think the Radius speakers good enough if you get what I mean? That's a whole different topic.........................

2. Barend

Barend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    My current HK AVR-5550 seems to go well thru my KEF Reference 203's and 202c, it sounds mighty detailed!
    But (as American amps go) also a bit overbassy, so I ordered an Arcam AVR-300 which IMO is the best sound-wise!
    Barend

3. RaceTripper

RaceTripper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ditto. You'll really like the AVR300. I've had mine for a couple weeks now. I have not heard a better sounding AV receiver, and now that's it's been run-in a bit it's getting better. On top of that, it has all the AV processing features you're likely to need.

It also has plenty for powering speakers. I have a Dynaudio Audience 7.1 setup, which (at 4 ohm, 86db sensitivity) can be a challenge to many AV amplifier sections, and the AVR300 seems the perfect match for them. I get more than enough volume in my room (14 x 22 x 8.5).

Dean

4. jonjon

jonjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All ordered up on Saturday.............

Arcam AVR300
    Arcam DV79 - the HDMI to my Pioneer sold it. Absolutly AMAZAING compared to others we looked at!!! :thumbsup:
    Monitor Audio - 2x Radius R90, 1x R225, 2x BFX for the rear.
    Rel Q150E to shake the room! Sounded way better than the Radius option.
    Cables cables cables

..... hopefully it won't take too long, I can't wait. I hate waiting!