Soo ConfuseWhat pull down manual screen?

kikapu

Standard Member
Reaction score
Guys I have no idea!! I thought choosing a projector was difficult!!

I am not looking to spend too much on a screen around £150 would be the most I want to spend.

I would be using the screen for bluray movies and xbox gaming mostly. So was thinking a 16;9 screen as the optima website says I would get a 92" 16:9 screen with the distances I have. Or am I better to get a 2.35:1? will probably be using a Optoma HD600x pj. Would this projector be able to zoom enough so I didn't have black bars? What setting would I have to put the projector on for a 2.35 movie to fill the screen?

I think I may have to go for a new plasma this projector stuff is too complicated for me!! :(

Right after reading more info and looking at pics of other peoples setups it seems if you are having only one screen to use for multipule different sources ie. xbox, bluray and sky hd then its best to get a 16:9 screen!!?? Cause if you get a 2.35 one and watch 16:9 on it the picture size of the 16:9 will be much reduced but you watch 2.35 on 16.9 and the only issue you will have is back bars at the top and botton projected onto the screen!?

Are my assumptions/reasoning correct?

Anyone got a sugguestion of which screen to go for?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom