Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

SonyTA-VE170 + Hitatchi 32LD7200

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by llawnroc, Oct 10, 2005.

1. llawnroc

llawnroc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apologies if this is meant to be in the audio section, but seeing it crosses both audio and visual I thought I would post it here.

Recently bought the Hitachi 32LD7200 and have mounted it on my wall. I also have the Sony TA-VE170 cinema system (which I can't afford to replace).

My question is this, are the speakers for the television good enough to use as my front speakers for the cinema system?? I've tried lookign for the specs for the cinema system to no avail. I've had the system for about 3 years, and have lost the manual so can't check myself.

I ask all of you out there as I'm getting it in the neck as the wife is not impressed that she can see the speakers for the cinema system!!! I mean, you give her something decent to watch her beloved Mancherster United on and she complains about speaker placement, I ask you!!!! :D

Any help/assistance, remember buying a new cinema system is not an option, greatly received.

Thanks

~llawnroc

2. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,046
    How about do it the other wary round? Remove the speakers on the TV, and route everything through the home cinema?

I had a look at the Hitachi today, and I think it'd look great without the speakers - nice glossy picture frame.