Sony's Rhetoric

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Korum, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +713
    As a 360 and PS3 owner I've probably used the 360 the majority of the time during this gen but I also enjoy PS3 exclusives and Like many on here was absolutely livid with Microsoft when they revealed the xbox ones policies and vowed never to buy one and only own a PS4.

But now I'm starting to sway the other way with Sony's stance in their constant digs and underhanded comments regarding Microsoft and they are coming across as the arrogant company they were in 2005.

I've now pre-ordered a xbox one and will cancel my PS4 pre-order if Sony don't give it a rest with their rhetoric. Sony never really did anything extraordinary with the PS4 reveal it's just that MS did everything wrong and now they have changed most of their policies I feel they are the company that is most prepared to appease consumers and listen to criticism. Microsoft never really entered into this cat fight when they were trouncing Sony at points during this gen so it's a bit pathetic that Sony seem to constantly resort to underhand tactics to hog the limelight this time around.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  2. RedAl

RedAl
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,988
    Uh?

3. humanfish

humanfish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +917
    Really??
    Its business. They have both resorted for tit for tat comments in the last few years, Mr Hryb being a good example.
    No offence mate, but i actually laughed out loud at what you have posted.

4. Cha1ky

Cha1ky
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24,993
    Just sounds to me like your justifying your own u-turn to yourself.

No need too. It's a games console buy the one you want the most and feel you will enjoy the most. No ones judging anyone for changing their mind here. If they are then I wouldn't worry about their thoughts whatsoever. It's the companies jobs to sell that system to you. And Microsoft have brought you round.

Be surprised if the thread lasts long though.....

5. Razor

Razor
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,503
    I am getting a wii-u as apparently they will have 8 games for the system by 2014. :smashin:

6. Sephiro

Sephiro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Technically if the OP wants to follow their own reasoning then they will be buying a Wii-U instead as MS and Sony have been at this sort of PR tit-for-tat for years so neither can take the moral high ground on that score. Nintendo on the contrary have generally stayed out of it and done their own thing.

7. Cha1ky

Cha1ky
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24,993
    Well it didn't last long.....in the Xbox One section. :rotfl:

8. RedAl

RedAl
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,988
    I did wonder why I started reading it in the Xbox section then suddenly ended up in the Sony section :rotfl:

9. Soundburst

Soundburst
    In Memoriam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,351
    Surely the OP still holds a grudge against Phil Spencer after his dig about Gran Turismo 5 delays?

"[on Forza's success]Especially from first-parties, given that it seems to be the only one that's shipped".

Or what about Major Nelson slagging Sony's PS4 reveal "a reveal with out revealing the console" tweet? (Little did he know what the next few months had in store LOL.) or his comments about the PS3 collecting dust.

Perhaps MS and some folk don't like Sony having the shoe on the other foot..... Or whatever that saying it.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  10. uzer

uzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +998
    OP obviously hates apple too. They are the poster children for rhetoric.

11. addyb

addyb
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,235
    Korum mate I thought you would have learnt from your antics in the Nintendo Forum that the golden rule is:

Never ever slag off the product in its own forum. You will get an internet paddling of the swollen ass and then get the boulder of gaming shame attached to you.

12. leamspaceman

leamspaceman
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,200
    OP... do you stop buying Bold detergent when they say it cleans better than the other leading brands? Do you amend your Tesco delivery to include Daz instead because you don't like Bolds rhetoric?

It's business. You exploit your rivals perceived weaknesses to push your own product. It happens in advertising all the time. No different with consoles.

Mods... feel free to move this to the 'detergent' section of the forum if appropriate:D

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  13. Houghsx

Houghsx
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,365
    And MS or some other company wouldn't do the same?

14. Dr Force

Dr Force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,410
    What a pointless thread!

Welcome to the world of capitalism, built on perception, lies, trust and BS.....................its nothing new but hats off for trying to justify your decision!!

15. kav

kav
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,816
    I wouldn't let that side of things bother you too much, you could be cutting off your nose to spite your face. What if the games Sony are releasing are really appealing to you, but you went for an Xbox just because of some ideological stance against a massive corporation who doesn't know or care about what you think?

I can understand you thinking it's a bit pathetic - regardless of who is making the digs. I likened it somewhere to politicians slagging each other off instead of focussing on policy, but whether in politics or gaming, spending too much time focussing on that is not really the best approach to deciding where to cast your vote.

My suggestion is look at the stuff that matters to you as a gamer, and ignore the childish digs designed to thrill the fanboys (from either side).

16. RedAl

RedAl
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,988
    To be fair Kav I`m probably on the other side of the coin. Having been a 360 owner for years and having chucked hundreds of hours into gaming (not to mention hundreds if not thousands on games, DLC and accessories) I`m probably cutting off my nose to spite my face by turning my back on MS. I never envisaged before E3 that I`d even consider jumping ship to Sony but so narked was I by the direction MS was going in (especially THAT camera) that I felt betrayed in a sense. I know it sounds ridiculous and melodramatic but I really wanted to continue the MS journey and feel like they basically said "like it or lump it". I just wish they`d offered some choice as to the kinect. Had they done that from the start I`d have been getting pumped over TitanFall and COD with dedicated servers. Now I`m looking forward to Driveclub and some of the really exciting looking indie games plus the inevitable Sony exclusives from Naughty Dog and Santa Monica. Its not a matter of life and death though so I`m not going to shed any tears. I am quite looking forward to a change and see how Sony can offer me something different to what I`ve been used to over the last 4 or 5 years. :thumbsup:

17. zt1903

zt1903
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,418
    FWIW I thought House's comment was cheap and unnecessary.

18. RedAl

RedAl
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,988
    Yeah, its not like Sony weren`t stating a fact, even if it was an subtle dig eh?