1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony's DRC 50hz technology with football and Video tapes?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by djg1, Mar 6, 2003.

1. djg1

djg1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI everyone.

Can anybody tel me...

I have recently been looking at the Sony 32DX100 however its a display model and looks a bit gruby... the picture is brilliant but feel it is unwise to buy what i feel is a second hand TV.. But may be able to get one elsewhere. (ps have to buy from Currys..have replcement vouchers you see....bu**er)

Is Sony's DRC-MF 50hz good with FOOTBALL?

Is this mode as good with football as it is with a normal 50hz TV?
    Or is it still prone to the effects of blurring shimmering and digital smearing etc as you get with alot of 100hz sets?

Also... as 50hz tends to be clearer with TIME SHIFTING (VIDEO) playback.....Whats the Sony's DRC-MF like at this task? As good as a normal 50hz TV? Or not?

Thanx sony people!
    :smashin: :clap:

2. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    DRC 50 is great with football and NTSC DVDs, to be fair though, the sony is quite good with football at 100Hz too.

I had a DX100 and if the geometry was better, it would have been the best tv i ever had!

3. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    I'll second that, Sony tv are pretty good with football. I most of the time use DRC 100 for everything. Just odd time I have to use DRC 50 that is when ITV show Football as sometime ITV use bad compression. Even on some of there saturday night programs like Ant and dec.

4. djg1

djg1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx for the reply.

But what is sony's DRC 50 like with video playback then compared to normal 100hz and is it as clear at this task of video playback as say a normal bog standard 50hz set?

5. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Why are you so concerned about video playback?

Anyways, sony DRC50 increases the resolution - everything looks better including any video i throw at it and thats using a crappy £70 video player.