1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sonyo z1 help needed

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by derekrcross, Feb 27, 2003.

1. derekrcross

derekrcross
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i hope someone can please help me i have ceiling mounted my projector and is firing on to 82.5inch 16.9 screen ,the projector is 9ft away from the screen .My problem on any image shown(dvd sky+) i cannot fill the screen , i have a 1 1/2inch gap on both sides of the screen before it reaches the black border.Have i set it up wrong or does everyone have the same problem.
    Thanks in advance.
    :confused:

2. rorschach2000

rorschach2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. severnsource

severnsource

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    You don't say if your screen is 82" wide or diagonal. If it is 82.5" wide the problem is that your projector is too close too the screen. I've just tried mine, and with the projector exactly 9' from the screen the image is 80" wide in 16x9 mode, maximum zoom.

Although Rorschachs information was very useful to me, it would be very unwise of you to act on it. If havn't got to grips with the basics you don't want to go messing in undocumented, potentially damaging service and factory menus.
    Also Rorschachs tweaks are useful to reduce overscan, but they won't increase image size, unless the projector is seriously misaligned.

4. derekrcross

derekrcross
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry did not make my self clear its 82.5 inches diagonal
    thanks

5. severnsource

severnsource

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    If your screen is 82" diagonal you should be able to fill it easily with suitable adjustment of the lens zoom.

The only adjustment that I can think of that might give this problem is if you have selected 4x3 mode rather than 16x9 on the projector, which is a bit unlikely.

What input are you using? Sometimes the display size can vary a bit with source and some inputs have different zoom modes available.

Bill

6. Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    derekrcross

Does the image fit vertically (ie does it meet the top and bottom black borders)? Maybe the screen isn't exactly 16:9 ratio! Just a suggestion, but if you measure the vert & horz dimensions, divide horz by vert and it should be 1.77 ratio.

A lot of screens that have been manufactured as 4:3 ratio have been modified by painting an extra back drop at the top and selling them on as 16:9, this is the reason for the odd sizes. My DRAPER LUMA Screen is like this. It works fine if done correctly!

I know it sounds obvious, but it could be as simple as that..

Do let us know if you solve the problem!

7. derekrcross

derekrcross
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mr pink & bill
    thanks for your help to work out a 16.9 ratio i measured the vertical x16 divided by 9 and this gave me seventy two six foot which is what i've got. The unit is being swapped on monday because of dust blobs so we are going to check on the screen
    i will post my findings
    thanks

8. derekrcross

derekrcross
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    swapped my z1 today tested on a draper screen and stewart screen filled the stewart but not the draper which i have so it was the screen :mad: dont think i can live with the caps any ideas