SonyDVD Recorder forgets TIMER settings

12harry

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm finding ( even with over 20Hrs available on the HDD ) it forgets any half-hour/1-hour programme that's Set manually for Timer Recording over eight hours ( in the future, you understand). Looking at the "Timer-list, they are there . . . but as soon as I go away, it seems they evaporate. The red "Timer waiting" Icon shows whenever the List is active, but goes out (obviously) when the Recorder has Lapsed Memory. Time and date are OK.

My Sony RDR HXD770 has behaved well for some years, apart from the FREEVIEW problems, now resolved (why don't they check their "Improvements" actually work on a selection of models, before releasing the Updates?.

Timer-recordings set for a few hours are Recorded correctly, so I'm wondering if there is anything like a "CMOS battery" that may lack charge - but then, the Mains is still present and reliable here.

I've optimised the HDD and tried Rests (HDD Repair is successful) as I've had a few DVD's that don't record the first item in the Menu - typically the Thumbnail is missing on the DVD, but present on the HDD Menu. I put this down to a few bad DVD blanks, but it seems too often for that as the discs look OK, no dirt, and are Branded Polaroid.
However, it is the lack of TIMER memory that's upsetting.

Re the Freeview issues 2013/2014 - I've disabled the "Auto Software Updates" as I'm a believer that "...if it ain't broke...".

Anyone else had this and found a "fix" . . . . . ?

EDIT:
I tried a 12hr-delayed recording, but left the "power" ON - it Recorded correctly. However, I think the "correct" operation is to turn Off power - and this has made no difference, until now that is.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom