sony510 recording

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Churnobyl, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Churnobyl

Churnobyl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    just a quick query about the sony 510 machine i am considering buying to replace my broken toshiba. does it have manually adjustable recording quality feature,or is it preset to sp,lp etc, the man incurrys didnt know,they are selling them at £299

2. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Hi

I think you will find it is fixed recording rates, although not 100% sure.

I would go for a Pioneer DVR-530, completely flexible recording settings, a 160Gbyte hard-drive and better editing facilities, also has GuidePlus and will control an external satellite or freeview box, for only a little more when bought on line.

Regards

Phil

3. davuck

davuck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi PhilipL, i have read a lot of your posts and seek a bit of your expertise, i have just bought Pioneer PDP 436 XDE and i am now in search of DVD hard drive recorder. With my set up, would it be best to try and track one down that has a HDMI connection as i do have 2 on the Pio 436 XDE or just go down the component route?:lease: What do you recommend?

4. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    Hi

There is no need for HDMI on standard definition and your Pioneer Plasma will do a better job at upscaling than most DVD recorders anyway so don't narrow down your options by having to have HDMI.

If you have a satellite/cable box than the Pioneer 530/630 series will be a good match. If you are wanting to record Freeview then the Pioneer recorders will require partnering with a separate Freeview box which adds to the cost and adds another box to the collection.

Your best bet may be to wait for the new Pioneer models with inbuilt Freeview. Panasonic also do good DVD recorders with Freeview built in, and again have newer models out soon so worth hanging on a month or so perhaps.

Enjoy your plasma.

Regards

Phil

5. ArtS

ArtS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sony 510/710/910 have fixed recording modes only. There are 1/1.5/2/2.5/3/4/6/8h modes.

ArtS :cool:

6. Churnobyl

Churnobyl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    yes have checked them out pioneer 433mr for £250 533mr for £330, why did my nice toshiba have to break!