1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony32FS66 & Toshiba 32ZT29

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Hate Ripoff's, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Hate Ripoff's

Hate Ripoff's

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Everybody,

Firstly...Hello to all. I have just joined teh forum as a memebr after spending a very useful 60 minutes deciding on the usefulness of this forum. I obvioulsy think thsi is great. Anyway coming to the point...

I am in the process of buying a TV and initially shortlisted my choice to 2 sets

1) Toshiba 32ZT29 (largely because of the looks and integrated digital feature)
    2) Sony 32FX66 (because my wife just trusts SONY and both of us liked this model and it was in our price range)

Now I find myself hesitant to buy either set because of the design of their respective stands - Toshiba stand has a greyish front and I cannot see the counter of my VCR/DVD and find that extremely frustating more so because the doors of the stand are not designed to hold their position themselves when open
    The SONY 32FX66 stand I find impractical as it has only i shelf. My view is that you require at leats 2 shelves if not 3 because of the amount of equipment you add to a TV (Home cinema, VCR...etc etc)

Does anybody feel the same and do any of you users of the above TV's have a smart solution taht I havent thought of - Pleas e help!!

2. neilybealy

neilybealy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    hi and welcome to the forum :)

i've just bought the sony kv32fx66 and mine came with the open stand which has 2 glass shelves

it sounds like the stand you saw was the one with the glass door that only has 1 glass shelf

i, along with quite a few others on here, can recommend john lewis as they price match and give you a 5 year warranty

just search for the "john lewis price match" thread in here

have fun

neil

:D

3. ste1010

ste1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The Sony is a smart TV.

Like Neily I got one from John Lewis this week.

Unfortunately the Sony Buzzes and I dont think it is just mine judging by the Sticky Poll

An engineer visited on Friday and said it was louder than it should be. JL are sending a new one (out of stock so its 4 weeks wait, but the 5 yr warrently will start again and I can keep the one I've got til then)

The girl at JL tried to talk me out of the Sony saying the next one will be as bad and possibly worse. If this one buzzes I am back to square 1,

Apparently there is a 32FX68 coming out. I might wait until then if the next one buzzes.

Good Luck

4. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Have no experience of the Tosh but I can higlhy reccomend the Sony I've had mine for nearly 3 months now and it gets better every day .....buzzing? well mine did initially but seeing as the buzz is down to the processing coils it would appear that the settings I now use do not come with the "buzz" I have not heard a murmur out of mine for 6 weeks now since I settled on my personal settings and if you are worried about footbal don't be this set has some of the best sports pictures i've ever seen ....very stable motion control:smashin:

5. afleming

afleming
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    to be honest i like the sony picture. I find that ll tv stands are pretty much useless. Granted they do look good set up, but most people have a hi-fi, some have a home cinema amp, soem have seperate stereo amp, some have dvd players and cd players, tuners, videos, cable boxes, laser disc machines, tape pklayers, mi9ni disc decks games consoles. so most of the time the tv stands are simply inadequate. my kv32fx66 stand is redundnat one shelf useless. So i bought a unit from ikea that has space for nine components that the tv sits on. the unti can support a 32" tv and costs £85. I solved all my home entertainment setting up.

I h previously had an aria stero unit, for isolating components etc and that has now gone into storage for timwe being.