Sony ZH8 owners thread - table for one!

75” is down to £3,999 on Sony Centres right now. It was a great set, it for me as I’ve gone back to OLED but absolutely no DSE on mine and very little blooming, was like a light cannon too - HDR was awesome

75” is down to £3,999 on Sony Centres right now. It was a great set, it for me as I’ve gone back to OLED but absolutely no DSE on mine and very little blooming, was like a light cannon too - HDR was awesome

I already have a 75 so need to bump up the size for the next one hence the crazy price

appreciate the response and good to hear you are happy with it, was looking at the 77” OLED too as an option but for 2” not sure it’s worth the upgrade but equally shelling out £7k for something not PERFECT does worry me
Well the price has dropped massively for the 75 inch.... now selling at 4k... 1900 less than it was pre Black Friday prices... it is still expensive.. but not crazy any more as it is a superb tv.. can’t speak for 85 inch but you won’t be going wrong with the 75. Gaming means my fear of burn in rules oleds out and tbh this is the best lcd tv I have ever seen . I have owned xd , xe and xg tvs... this zh8 is a different level. It’s hdr performance and motion handling are magnificent

Is anyone gaming on PS5 and Series X on this TV?
Assume UHD discs look suitably spectacular on this TV?

Is anyone gaming on PS5 and Series X on this TV?
Assume UHD discs look suitably spectacular on this TV?
Yep - ps5 on the tv and it’s fabulous. No issues at all. And uhd discs do indeed look incredible. Have been watching game of thrones uhd box set on it and it’s stunning

Well the price has dropped massively for the 75 inch.... now selling at 4k... 1900 less than it was pre Black Friday prices... it is still expensive.. but not crazy any more as it is a superb tv.. can’t speak for 85 inch but you won’t be going wrong with the 75. Gaming means my fear of burn in rules oleds out and tbh this is the best lcd tv I have ever seen . I have owned xd , xe and xg tvs... this zh8 is a different level. It’s hdr performance and motion handling are magnificent

85” has been £6999 for a month or so unfortunately not dropping I am guessing until whatever new model comes out it wont!

Does this TV have any of the Sound Drop of issues that we seem to get in many f the other Sony TVs? The one where sound is sort of disabled from the TV apps when connected to external sound.

Several box sets to watch and this TV has got me looking again especially at its new lower price. Only food for thought though is with CES so close then probably worth seeing what is launched and then make a decision.

Attachments

• 3480EB80-9296-4BD7-A987-95F0F2B09534.jpeg
    3480EB80-9296-4BD7-A987-95F0F2B09534.jpeg
    238.5 KB · Views: 124
  • AAA2AB70-918D-47D6-9C27-08C3A6F1054B.jpeg
    AAA2AB70-918D-47D6-9C27-08C3A6F1054B.jpeg
    207.1 KB · Views: 123
  • CCAC3DB2-76C8-49B6-A8FB-B0898B7B50CB.jpeg
    CCAC3DB2-76C8-49B6-A8FB-B0898B7B50CB.jpeg
    267.2 KB · Views: 121
I was just about to pull the trigger on a Samsung 75Q900T as im not paying £1500 more for the 950T just for the one connect box but the price of £3999 for the Sony vs £4499 for the Samsung im now looking more closely at the ZH8 can you please confirm what if any issues with next gen console's ive got ps5 and a series x does the ZH8 have full HDMI 2.1 functions?

Several box sets to watch and this TV has got me looking again especially at its new lower price. Only food for thought though is with CES so close then probably worth seeing what is launched and then make a decision.
Those are awesome boxsets where did you get the Starwars and Marvel ones many thanks
Tony

Those are awesome boxsets where did you get the Starwars and Marvel ones many thanks
Tony

They are both Amazon exclusives.
Star Wars was on sale at £159, usually £199 and Marvel on sale at £333, usually £399.
Both now back to full price.

I've only read good things about this TV. How this one compares to Z9G?

I was just about to pull the trigger on a Samsung 75Q900T as im not paying £1500 more for the 950T just for the one connect box but the price of £3999 for the Sony vs £4499 for the Samsung im now looking more closely at the ZH8 can you please confirm what if any issues with next gen console's ive got ps5 and a series x does the ZH8 have full HDMI 2.1 functions?

This link from the official Sony website will help explain which of their 2020 models have HDMi 2.1 features;

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00254857

I would like to get some owners thoughts on this. I am considering this TV given the fantastic reviews but before this i was considering the Sony XH95, both 75 inches. Given the ZH8 is double the price, I am wondering if it is actually that good. Happy to spend the money if justified.

I would like to get some owners thoughts on this. I am considering this TV given the fantastic reviews but before this i was considering the Sony XH95, both 75 inches. Given the ZH8 is double the price, I am wondering if it is actually that good. Happy to spend the money if justified.

I haven't google'd to see if someone has done a comparison of the ZH8 vs XH95, it's probably unlikely considering these two TV's different price/spec points.

Vincent did do a comparison last year of the Samsung Q950TS 8K QLED, VS the Sony ZH8 in the video on YouTube attached below. He preferred the Sony ZH8.

has anyone got any further thoughts on this TV? I'm close to pulling the trigger.

has anyone got any further thoughts on this TV? I'm close to pulling the trigger.
I love it. Certainly the best lcd tv I have ever owned by a mile. Incredible picture, best sound I have heard from a television and hdr really pops off the screen. I have never owned an oled cos would be nervous about it with amount of gaming I do, so I can’t compare the zh8 to oleds. But you will absolutely love this tv if you do go ahead. It’s superb.

I love it. Certainly the best lcd tv I have ever owned by a mile. Incredible picture, best sound I have heard from a television and hdr really pops off the screen. I have never owned an oled cos would be nervous about it with amount of gaming I do, so I can’t compare the zh8 to oleds. But you will absolutely love this tv if you do go ahead. It’s superb.
Are you using a next gen console and does it support 4K@120 I’m asking as I have both ps5 and a series x👍

TPS have a 10% discount currently so comes out £4.5k for the 75 inch. John Lewis have price matched it. Am considering this against the AG9 which is 3k.

It does indeed ! I have both too . But only hdmi port does it. I have series x in it cos games I play on ps5 don’t run at 120 anyway. All four do 4K at 60
What’s it like for gaming and why don’t you run at 120 or do you mean ps5 @60 and the series x@120 as I seen some good vids on halo running 120 on the series x which looks really good 👍

What’s it like for gaming and why don’t you run at 120 or do you mean ps5 @60 and the series x@120 as I seen some good vids on halo running 120 on the series x which looks really good 👍
Sorry that should have read only hdmi port 4 does the 4K at 120fps ... so yes I play halo at 120 as I have series x plugged into hdmi 4... and it looks fantastic. You will be very happy. But you would need to swap cables if you needed Ps5 game to run at 120. All ports can do 4K at 60 and Ps5 games I play are not 120 FPS titles so it’s fine for now. It’s a great tv for gaming. I am sure you know that the tv does not do variable refresh rate - but certainly none of the games I play have shown any screen tearing etc. All games I play look brilliant .Halo is probably the only shooter I play mind you.

Seeing as nobody has posted anything I can just say that my 75 inch zh8 is fabulous . Picture is incredible and I have had no issues with dse or banding. It’s my dream tv and I can certainly highly recommend. It’s 4K images are best I have ever seen :)
Really tempted to buy one, see them go from £3,000 to £2,700 this week alone...,

Really tempted to buy one, see them go from £3,000 to £2,700 this week alone...,
Who is selling at £2700/£3000? Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom