Sony ZH8 black uniformity

hectorsole

Novice Member
B86CEAF2-F341-4658-B047-BAE3BD046FDC.jpeg
E3F32E29-5D33-4D3B-B0EE-CE4B22FFCD38.jpeg
3953AE3A-6F5E-4AE7-80B9-B72F96D6DFAF.jpeg
Hello and thanks for having me!

This is my first post so feel free to let me know if I am asking something too obvious or breaching any rules accidentally. I will happily amend the post.

They just installed my new Sony ZH8 and running some quick tests I noticed that the black uniformity is really impressive for a FALD panel!
I am aware about the complications to achieve even uniformity for LCD panels but I have noticed (see in picture attached) that the entire panel perform outstandingly aside from three panels on de mid-left part that are slightly more visible. I tried to turn on an off several picture options and they mildly dim but there always visible.

Since the TV is brand new (and quite expensive) I want to make sure this three panels are inside tolerance expected, otherwise I will contact the store to request a replacement.

What are your views regarding that? Would you consider it to be negligible, or would you request a replacement?

Many Thanks for your help!

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
View attachment 1509652View attachment 1509653View attachment 1509654Hello and thanks for having me!

This is my first post so feel free to let me know if I am asking something too obvious or breaching any rules accidentally. I will happily amend the post.

They just installed my new Sony ZH8 and running some quick tests I noticed that the black uniformity is really impressive for a FALD panel!
I am aware about the complications to achieve even uniformity for LCD panels but I have noticed (see in picture attached) that the entire panel perform outstandingly aside from three panels on de mid-left part that are slightly more visible. I tried to turn on an off several picture options and they mildly dim but there always visible.

Since the TV is brand new (and quite expensive) I want to make sure this three panels are inside tolerance expected, otherwise I will contact the store to request a replacement.

What are your views regarding that? Would you consider it to be negligible, or would you request a replacement?

Many Thanks for your help!

If you can see this issues in "normal" viewing, then yes get it exchanged, if not and you are very happy with everything else about the television then keep it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom