For Sale Sony Z1 Compact + Accessories

Discussion in 'Disputed/Problem Trades' started by 3sgte_power, Jun 21, 2015.

1. 3sgte_power

3sgte_power

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Have a good condition Sony Z1 Compact. Some scratches on the back and very minor damage on the bezel, but apart from that its a fully functioning phone. Screen has had a screen protector its entire life so in excellent condition.

Bezel is slightly protruded so am not 100% sure if its fully waterproof.

Includes:

3 x cases
    2 x screen protectors
    Original Sony magnetic charger
    Sony charger + USB cable

Will come in original box.

Wanting £60 inc 1st Class Recorded Delivery

Price and currency: £60
    Delivery: Delivery cost is included
    Payment method: PPG
    Advertised elsewhere?: Not advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I have no preference

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Attached Files:

2. blackcurrant89

blackcurrant89

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Will take at asking, going to PM.

3. avscouse

avscouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +238
    Next inline if it falls through, can do cash on collection too.

4. blackcurrant89

blackcurrant89

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Payment made awaiting tracking details etc

5. blackcurrant89

blackcurrant89

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The handset arrived, but unfortunately it was DOA.
    The damage is fairly significant, to the point where the damage could only have derived from attempted repair. There is heat gun / heat source damage on the rear cover (Actual burn marks), typically what you find when you replace parts on electronics (Parts which are already broken so damage sustained during repair is rendered irrelevant). I've spoken with 3sgte_power and he has offered a full refund, initially i wanted to give the handset a day to see if it was dead due to lack of battery life but there's no red light to indicate charging. Cannot assess or ascertain what the issue maybe without perhaps causing further damage, for this reason i assume 3sgte_power would just prefer to refund the handset and have it sent back.

6. 3sgte_power

3sgte_power

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    As requested via PM, send goods back for a refund!

7. blackcurrant89

blackcurrant89

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Had i not sent the payment first i would agree to a refund upon arrival of the returned handset, unfortunately after being sent the item in this condition...well it wouldn't be out of character for anyone to decline until the refund was made surely.

8. rousetafarian

rousetafarian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16,044
    Unless there is an extremely convincing reason as to why not, the refund should be made by @3sgte_power in full including the original shipping costs first. Once funds are received I would insist that the buyer send its back via a trackable method ASAP

9. kez

kez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,393
    moved to disputes at buyer's request

10. rousetafarian

rousetafarian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16,044
    Cheers Kez, I guess we both got PM's from the buyer? :)

11. blackcurrant89

blackcurrant89

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks guys i appreciate the help

12. kez

kez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,393
    yep, sorry. i was in the process of moving it and got side tracked. i agree with you though, the buyer sent payment up front in good faith, so the seller should do the same with the refund.

13. 3sgte_power

3sgte_power

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    With a join date of 2013 and rating of 6 as opposed to a join date of 2005 and 31.

14. blackcurrant89

blackcurrant89

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    So realistically what you're saying is that veteran members should be allowed to provide faulty items to members with lower reputation/feedback than themselves...and only accept returns based on their beliefs?

15. 3sgte_power

3sgte_power

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    And what happens if the phone is not in the condition as sent?

As per PM, this is BC's response:

"It arrived thanks, the damage is atrocious on it's rear as if someone attempted to replace the rear cover. There's burn marks from a heat gun / heat source typically used when softening the glue on most electronics to allow you to pry open or remove/replace a part, just in this case the amount of heat used in conjunction with prying the rear has pretty much decimated the back cover."

I remember some scratches on the rear, however, I don't recall any burn marks.

Refunded nevertheless. Buyer has my address.

16. 3sgte_power

3sgte_power

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    See my other reply, ie, back cover!

17. blackcurrant89

blackcurrant89

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    For this particular reason i took photos upon opening the parcel, i don't believe either of us are trying to sting one another i just think that where the phone has resided for the past few months (out of your care) there has been some issues....

18. 3sgte_power

3sgte_power

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Yes, it has been sat at my friend's phone shop, whom i have known since nappies. I don't know you. Nevertheless you have been refunded, lets see how the phone comes back to me. I shall be happy to take it from there!

19. rousetafarian

rousetafarian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16,044
    Thanks for sending the refund. They buyer has photo evidence of the phone conditions upon receipt, do you have the same of the phone upon dispatch just in case this gets dragged out?

20. blackcurrant89

blackcurrant89

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    This reply was expected and to be honest unwarranted, from merely taking the phone out of the parcel to plugging it in to charge how do you expect the phone to suffer this damage? Not to mention i'm not in the possession of the equipment to do this kind of damage to a phone. On the other hand a "phone shop" has exactly the tools that would render the damage possible in attempted repairs. So i'll upload two photos of which depict damage you described but in reality upon opening were completely different.

To further conclude, you're receiving the phone how you sent it and you're taking it no where from there. You also didn't mention other damage to the phone so i'll go ahead and do it for you so you cannot sit at your keyboard and regurgitate how this is the fault of oneself (from merely opening the parcel) and not the fault of whomever you had fix it. There's damage to the front screen right on the front facing camera UNDER the screen itself (achievable ONLY by removing the front screen, not from taking it out of a parcel). There's damage to the 3mm jack. Scratches to the screen, Multiple scuffs and chips taken out of the housing, most notable - bottom right, top right, bottom left, top left, scuffs down one side. But of course this is damage a person you don't know can do upon removal from a parcel my apologies.

Gyazo - b33679926bf3dfb17d5b0c7693f33c6f.png
    Gyazo - c82370bfac1dba30bf1b626e403bab86.jpg

There's more listed above, but these are the points i wish to convey because these are which the seller slightly touched upon. I want to reiterate that i have no issue with the seller, no grudge no anger, i am just grateful for the refund even if the refund was not given under good vibes. Now if you were so certain that this damage could only have derived from myself, i can honestly not see you at all settling to refund me nor even discuss the possibilities of one. Not one person can disagree in saying that they wouldn't dream of refunding an individual if they had sent something in pristine condition and in return received something in unfathomable condition, a state which they had without a doubt not dispatched it in nor recall it to be in at anytime.

21. 3sgte_power

3sgte_power

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Not upon despatch, i didn't see the need. However i did inspect it prior to sending it. The device was no different per this thread from a few months ago:

For Sale - Sony Z1 Compact + Accessories | AVForums

The buyer in the above thread returned the item due to a protrusion (see pics further down the thread), which made the waterproof bit void, however, the buyer on this occasion was aware of that as per PM.

22. 3sgte_power

3sgte_power

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
  23. 3sgte_power

3sgte_power

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    You knew it wasn't pristine. You PM'd me in-regards to the original thread from a few months back!

I didn't refund you because i wanted to. I refunded you because i was told to by a Moderator. AVF has been good to me in selling over 10k worth of personal AV / Computer goods over the years, am not going not adhere to them!

24. blackcurrant89

blackcurrant89

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    My point in that statement is that, if you dispatch something in a state of which you remember and have proof of you would never expect it back in worse state. Had it returned in worse state, you wouldn't dream of refunding, right?

Whether it was waterproof or not was not of my concern i don't live under the ocean. That amount of damage suffice to say was reflected upon in the price and simply putting the phone in a case would negate that damage.

I'm not sure what your point is here, but in that particular thread the buyer pointed out damage that you did not. I was aware and was prepared for taking the phone WITH that damage included if it was functioning. Now the same thing has occurred again, you've supplied the handset with damage that you did not initially state and again a buyer has provided pictures of the "new" damage. So this is two buyers (One which you won't admit to because he has similar rep to yours) who have in your eyes damaged the phone (One definitely has because his rep is low, the other certainly has not because he has similar rep as you), yet you treat the other with respect due to his rep.

Conveniently the post office from which this phone was sent from is right next door (literally you walk out you turn left you're in the phone shop! :clap:) from your mates phone shop where this phone looks to have originally came from (There's packaging which indicates it). Considering you've shown lack of respect based upon rep i'll go ahead and do so as well just because i think you're misusing your reputation for leverage. I'd not be surprised if this phone was dropped in the mail by the owner or worker of the phone shop, and that's why this damage is unknown to you.

25. rousetafarian

rousetafarian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16,044
    Lessons for a new sticky thread 'Photos of items required that may be in a disputable condition as everyone's perception is different........'?

The refund has been made, so please expedite it ASAP using a trackable method.

Thanks

26. 3sgte_power

3sgte_power

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Like i said, i refunded you not because of the damage on the phone. I refunded you because a Moderator told me to.

It is rather convenient, having the phone shop next door to the Post Office. What relevance that has to this thread, am sure only you will know. However, not going off on a tangent, from what i can tell and inspected before taking it to the post office next door, it was in exactly the same condition as i received it from the previous sale which fell through.

I don't think i have shown a lack of respect based on my rep. If i showed a lack of respect i wouldn't have refunded the item. Maybe i should've described the item better, yes, in the original thread from a few months ago, but thats my fault for being negligent.

As per previous comments, let me receive the phone, take it to the phone shop, which so happens to be next door to the post office, which i regularly use and see what they have to say for themselves. It could possibly be negligence on my part again. I can be rather clumsy at times. I shall be in touch :)

Cheers

27. 3sgte_power

3sgte_power

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    The phone shop owner has just got back to me! Seems i was barking up the wrong tree.

They have just accepted responsibility. They did try and get one of their techs to fix the phone, who made a hash.

Must apologise to both the buyer and the mods for wasting their time!

Happy to close this on receipt of the phone, at which point its going in the bin.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  28. rousetafarian

rousetafarian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16,044
    Thanks guys for dealing with this in the expected and appreciated manner....

(Photo evidence of it being binned unnecessary :))

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List