Sony XR94 or Samsung Q95td

gunblade

Standard Member
Hey Guys. Trying to decide over various TVs and been doing research over the last few weeks. Given that the offers have started coming in most likely due to the new models being released soon. I was all set to go for the 55 xr94ju that has full array led but then seen the Q95td in Costco. I know they both have their problems. But reading on another thread they says the TD model comes with an inferior panel compared to the q95t. I have a budget of 900. The Sony is on offer for 799 and the Samsung is on for 900. Unless anyone has any further recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Dodgexander

Yeah, the TD models seem to be newer but with IPS type panels. In other words, bad choices for most people. X94J is just a variant of the popular X90J a starter HDR TV in my guide here: NEW: My best value TVs, 2021-2022 Edition

If you can stretch to a higher end TV in the guide it will be better at displaying HDR.

gunblade

Standard Member
Looking at my budget and your guide I am trying to decide between the
Samsung q80a or the Sony x94/x90.

Anyone provide any insight into what is better?

Thanks

Ruffuz

Yeah, the TD models seem to be newer but with IPS type panels. In other words, bad choices for most people. X94J is just a variant of the popular X90J a starter HDR TV in my guide here: NEW: My best value TVs, 2021-2022 Edition

If you can stretch to a higher end TV in the guide it will be better at displaying HDR.
Hey @Dodgexander is it 100% that TD has IPS panel?

Found info on 2 websites only, and is IPS and VA on other one.

Dodgexander

Hey @Dodgexander is it 100% that TD has IPS panel?

Found info on 2 websites only, and is IPS and VA on other one.
Yes, as far as I know they are using IPS panels. If you have found websites, link them.
Sites like displayspecifications.com don't tend to have reliable info all the time.

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom