Why are you dealing with Sony over this? Surely your first line of attack is the shop you bought it from. If the TV is defective and unfit for purchase it is up to them to put matters right by recompensing you or offering an alternative.

Why are you persevering with a TV make and model that is obviously never going to be of satisfactory quality for you.

While it might be a manufacturing fault, the issue is likely to be a 'batch fault'. One that every single set in the warehouses and on the shop floors have?
Possibly Sony can fix it long term with new part(s)?
Possibly they can't fix it.

Their OLED display screens are LG-made I understand, so it may be out of Sony's direct control?

Get your money back and start looking for a different make / model of TV ?

TBF I'm surprised the retailer didn't refund in full and refuse to send you another after three rejects, and you're on the fifth, already!

Because it’s still the best 83” tv out there! And if it’s got a fault sony should admit it.

You can’t sell a oled tv for £7000 and have a line down the middle of the picture!

Maybe the retailers are bound by law to change it!

I’m not sure it makes any difference to them as there must be something in place so they don’t suffer any losses

I just want a working tv with no line down the centre! Not to much to ask for is it?
I am dealing with a post report which pertains to a private conversation, let me be explicitly clear here. If you use language like that in PM’s again you will be banned without further advanced notice,

If you wish to block the other member please feel free but change your attitude, thanks.

I think all oleds have some issues with uniformity, but this was bad. Is it noticible in normal content?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom