Sony Xperia 1 Review & Comments

You don't mention one important fact - it's not 5G.
You think 5G is important? Right now? Give it a few years.

I do not believe that anybody who has had a phone with fast charge would ever go back to anything else. And the battery conditioning thing is a bit of a red herring..

every phone can be charged during the night. So if the battery last through the day.............
I don't see the point in this charging madness. New megapixels? New RAM? Even with just 2A charger and average battery capacity of 3000-4000 mAh it really doesn't last THAT long that all those fast charging "standards" really make a difference.

Sound quality in calls?
just like every other phone out there in the last decade, it's fine.
And just like every other xperia in the last decade, it's a bit quieter then other phones. Be it for phone calls or trough main speakers for music/videos. Nothing that should bother people with good hearing but it's a fact.

just like every other phone out there in the last decade, it's fine.
And just like every other xperia in the last decade, it's a bit quieter then other phones. Be it for phone calls or trough main speakers for music/videos. Nothing that should bother people with good hearing but it's a fact.
OK but some of us do not have such good hearing which is why I asked and as you say it is not like every other phone because you say it is quieter.

OK but some of us do not have such good hearing which is why I asked and as you say it is not like every other phone because you say it is quieter.

It's very good. You should have no problem hear people in the other end. The battery is also quite good. I charge it circa every third night.
Had this phone since it was released and I love it! :)

I do not believe that anybody who has had a phone with fast charge would ever go back to anything else. And the battery conditioning thing is a bit of a red herring..
The battery condition feature learns when you switch it on in the morning and only charges to 100% just before that time. It's to prolong battery life. I have it on my Sony mobile ( not this one. ) Hope this clarifies.

but that's volume, not quality. And it's way more obvious during media playback then in calls. I don't have 1 any more since I really don't like that 21:9 screen but my wife still
has xperia 10 and she really has hearing issues on both ears, she's using those hearing aid thingies but she still can use xperia 10 as any other person. So, it's not that huuuuge difference but still something worth mentioning.
While calibrated (or not) screen is not something that people will notice.

The battery condition feature learns when you switch it on in the morning and only charges to 100% just before that time. It's to prolong battery life. I have it on my Sony mobile ( not this one. ) Hope this clarifies.

Thanks for the input I did not know that. But I am still not sure it makes much difference. I am voice typing this on a oneplus 3 that I fast charge all the time and at 3 years old the battery life is still exceptional. Most people have moved on to a new phone in that time!
when you forget to plug your charger in or want to top up before going out for the evening a fast charger is invaluable. Imho.

Well, fast charging is always there if/when you need it. This battery care thingy works with that xperia assistant, it tracks when you start/stop charging during a few days and when it recognize the pattern it kicks in (just like v-tec :D ). For me, it is every night and it charges slowly until 6AM. But if I plug it any other time during the day because I need more juice it will use quick charge.
Does that really matters for battery, I don't know. But what I do know that all those different implementations from China work only with original charger and nothing else. So, unless one has the right one always in the backpack it will do very little in the airport/bus/bar/wherever......

I'm wondering what ratio is used for 4K video recording, 21:9 or 16:9? If it's 21:9 then watching on a TV creates letterboxes, but if it is 16:9 it cannot show native resolution on its own screen without cutting away from the top and bottom, or here as well you have letterboxes.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom