Sony XL301 / Toshiba 32C3030

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by pauljnunn, Aug 31, 2007.

1. pauljnunn

pauljnunn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a Sony XL301 pc and last night attempted to connect it to my new Toshiba tv.

The setup seemed to be easy, with a hdmi cable connecting the pc to the tv.

Although the pc appeared to start okay, I cannot see anything on the tv!

I am assuming (and hoping) that the answer is absurdly easy but I would appreciate any comments.................

Thanks, Paul

2. Dankeech

Dankeech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    Hi,
    Unfortunately things are not often as simple as just plugging in a cable. I would consult your Vaio's manual about Displays and Graphics Card Settings.

First I would be reckoning you would want to enable the external output and then you'd be wanting to ensure that the laptop is outputting via HDMI. You'd also then need to make sure the format being outputted via HDMI is of a resolution and rerfresh rate that your display can handle.

Here is the Manual Download Page for the VGX-XL301 in case you don't have the manual handy.

Troubleshooting is located from Page 109 of the manual. There's a certain set of things to try. Sorry I cannot help further, but thought you needed a first reply to get this thread underway.

Regards,

Dan.