Sony XH9505 TV unable to record with CAM module

topologicaldonut

Novice Member
New to the forum, sorry if this is in the wrong place. Anyone have any experience with this, similar issues or workarounds?

With a CI+ module inserted into the TV I cannot record terrestrial nor satellite onto the external hard drive. If I unplug the module recording works, and recording continues to work if I plug the module in after recording starts.

I have a satellite pointed to hotbird 13e which is connected to the satellite connections in my Sony XH9505. I'm using a Humax Tivùsat 4K Ultra HD CAM plugged in to the TV. The CAM is specced to CI+1.4 and the TV supports this according to the specifications (versions 1.3 and above). The signal is good and I can watch Tivùsat perfectly fine including the 4K channels.

I've tried the module in a 6 year old Samsung TV (UE32J5500). This Samsung TV also accepts CI+ version 1.3. The card and module was recognised by the TV and I was able to record terrestrial TV with the module inserted. So it seems that the module is not itself preventing recording.

Its also possible to buy hdd recorders with external storage for tivùsat so I doubt it's a tivusat issue. I bought this TV to avoid having to get external boxes so not currently looking at that option til I've exhausted all options with the TV (including returning it!)

Thanks!

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Sony Technical Support are the only likely people to be able to assist, as it seems to be a problem of the TV and CAM module combination? Check that the set firmware is fully up to date, of course.

Perhaps the retailer that sold you the TV is willing to see if other sets do the same in store or if your particular set has an odd fault?

Check out Sony's own forum, too?

It's likely that your intended use is very 'niche' if not unique in the UK, and so very few people will have your exact combination of kit.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom