Sony XH9505 LED LCD TV Owners Thread

It's the very annoying microphone led. The only way I've found to turn it off is to reboot the television and don't press the microphone button. It appears to be a software issue that Sony need to resolve. For me the button to turn on the microphone should turn it off again...and the led.

Mine comes on and off randomly now. Although my old TV of 7 years had a similar light to indicate the TV was on, so over the years ive got used to it

As for Netflix ive always used the Netflix calibrated mode and never found issues

Does the native Netflix app output Atmos? I'm only getting DD+ at the moment. Wondering if I need to use another device for it instead.

Does anyone have there bios lighting hooked up directly to there USB on the tv, I had no problem when it was hooked up to my old TV. Now after about 10 minutes I get a message on screen saying a high output device is connected , disconnect. And it flickers fir a second or two every 2 or 3 minutes.

Well I bought the 49” today from John Lewis, 899.99 plus a £100 e gift voucher and a smart set of Sony Bluetooth earbuds worth 170 quid, last one in Store, they sold 3 yesterday well pleased and the TV looks great, some mild dse which I can hardly notice except for test screens.
I didn’t get the headphones as part of the deal! Shall be calling them tomorrow!

Does anyone have there bios lighting hooked up directly to there USB on the tv, I had no problem when it was hooked up to my old TV. Now after about 10 minutes I get a message on screen saying a high output device is connected , disconnect. And it flickers fir a second or two every 2 or 3 minutes.
Ive got the MediaLight ones that were reviewed on here a couple of weeks ago
I’ve had no problems with them

I didn’t get the headphones as part of the deal! Shall be calling them tomorrow!
Shouldn’t have a problem, possibly just a mistake. was it on when you bought the TV ? Offers ended this morning, which doesn’t surprise me as there excellent, my eldest son has offered me 100 quid for them 🤔

Shouldn’t have a problem, possibly just a mistake. was it on when you bought the TV ? Offers ended this morning, which doesn’t surprise me as there excellent, my eldest son has offered me 100 quid for them 🤔
Nice

Last edited:
Can anyone with the 49inch version help me out please.

I only have about 60-65inch from my bedroom wall to my seating area.
Can anyone let me know the distance it is from the front of the tv display to the back of the legs/stand the tv comes with?

I'm guessing I'll have 55-60inch viewing distance which I think should be OK. I'll pretty much use it solely for xbox series x by the way (not fussed about hdmi 2.1 btw)
😊

Bought the tv on Thursday so I think it was on.. I just missed it :/
I’m sure if you bought the TV and there was an offer on and you didn’t receive it, they’d have to honour it ?

I hope it's ok to step in this thread and ask for your thoughts? I'm a VT65 Panasonic plasma owner potentially looking to upgrade to a larger screen (from 50 to 65).

I initially wanted OLED, but due to a little direct sunlight in the room, that's out of the question.

I hope it's ok to step in this thread and ask for your thoughts? I'm a VT65 Panasonic plasma owner potentially looking to upgrade to a larger screen (from 50 to 65).

I also moved from plasma, 55vt65, to this 65xh9505, and despite plasma picture still stunning, this is smth completely different. Coming from plasma, you need to go through transition time as brightest is so much higher and watching experiment is so much different, but in general, I'm happy with move (especially size up)

Last edited:
I also moved from plasma, 55vt65, to this 65xh9505, and despite plasma picture still stunning, this is smth completely different. Coming from plasma, you need to go through transition time as brightest is so much higher and watching experiment is so much different, but in general, I'm happy with move (especially size up)

That's good to hear - how do you find the black levels on the 9505 compared to the VT65?

That's good to hear - how do you find the black levels on the 9505 compared to the VT65?
Tbh with some tweaking come close, but still plasma had better blacks I think

Unbelieveable - John Lewis wouldn't honour it and were pretty rude about it. So I've cancelled the order and will go elsewhere
I watch John Lewis and RS online pricing on the 49" model like a Hawk and TBH can honestly say I never saw the earphone offer on the 49" model! Maybe this was an instore offer only.
John Lewis telephone customer service is a joke these days. AFAICS they are not even John Lewis partners but work for a third party call centre.

Last edited:
I watch John Lewis and RS online pricing on the 49" model like a Hawk and TBH can honestly say I never saw the earphone offer on the 49" model! Maybe this was an instore offer only.
John Lewis telephone customer service is a joke these days. AFAICS they are not even John Lewis partners but work for a third party call centre.

Yeah it was blatantly a 3rd party call centre.

Last edited:
My new tv will be set opposite a large double glazed window, which gets about 2-3 hoursddirect sunshine a day and more during the summer.

I'm thinking a dust sheet would be benificial as I'm not able to close my curtains all day.

Are these tv's scratch resistant? I was thinking of using a cotton or similar bed sheet over as a dust protector. I checked amazon and nothing seems to fit as these tv's have a longer then average depth

Would anyone let me know if a regular/soft cotton sheet would be advisable?..

Guys I cant find the hdmi signal format for enchanted format.where is this settings?

Just found it..was hide lol at watch tv settings.
This settings I meant
Sorry wrong .
images.jpeg-5.jpg

It was definitely advertised, I only noticed it Saturday and went first thing Sunday morning. It was on the website under the £100 e gift voucher offer. You had to add the code to the basket. I went in store with the code though and they did it in store. It was possibly a weekend thing because I checked in store stock online for my local store and they had 3 of each. I got the last one Sunday morning. It was also available to order online. It had gone this morning. It’s what swayed me in not waiting for Black Friday.

It was definitely advertised, I only noticed it Saturday and went first thing Sunday morning. It was on the website under the £100 e gift voucher offer. You had to add the code to the basket. I went in store with the code though and they did it in store. It was possibly a weekend thing because I checked in store stock online for my local store and they had 3 of each. I got the last one Sunday morning. It was also available to order online. It had gone this morning. It’s what swayed me in not waiting for Black Friday.
Strange I definitely looked on both Saturday and Sunday more than once as I noticed on Saturday that they were selling a "reduced to clear" 49" XF9005 (2018) for over £700! and also a 2017 non QLED Samsung at a similarly stupid high price and was wondering whether anyone would buy them! When you say "under" the e-gift card offer was this in the detail of the offer or visible on the general search for 49/50" TV's?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom