Sony XH9505 Owners Thread

shep1968

Hi all. I’m shortly going to be buying the 49” version of this tv to be wall mounted in a new conservatory. I’m having plugs fitted behind the tv and need to know where the bracket will go in relation to the plugs and for this I need to know the position of the VESA holes. I’ve contacted Sony and they can’t help. They are central on the horizontal plane but how are they on the vertical one? From pictures they look higher to the top of the tv. I can’t look in Currys as they are all wall mounted. Could someone who had this tv please measure from the top holes to the top of the tv and from the bottom holes to the bottom of the tv and let me know please.

webby54

Really keen to know how you remapped the Google Play button, I'd rather it went to Prime too.

Step-by-step with words of 1 syllable would be appreciated by this old numpty please :D
I think the guy used Button Mapper

I use button remapper for my xf90. I have long press of the netflix button assigned to prime

mags77

Novice Member
For me he needs to say what the difference in price is between XG and XH 75's. He's comparing a 65 to a 75 at the minute with comparable spec and as of today the same firmware. The distance he sits in relation to TV is also a factor @mags77
I already posted a post with the prices this morning☺ £1270 for the XH9505 65 inch, and £1690 for the XG9505 75 inch. I wil sit about 2,7-3 metres from the telly.

fawcett

@fawcett Hi mate, was still wondering and it would probably be useful to others on this thread as well, which content you tried on native Netflix app and your Fire Stick 4K Netflix app that convinced you that it is better to watch DV content using native apps on the TV? :)
I watched 5 minutes of another life - season 1 episode 1 and the colour difference was noticeable on the native app

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
Thought I'd share this here -

XH95.JPG

Be interesting if it helps some here, @gex23 I know you've had issues with sound.

(I know the update is old news now but thought the changelog was interesting)

Last edited:

CLH

Is the new firmware updated OTA? Mine just arrived and when selecting update it says check network (even though it is connected to the WIFI)

Scotty Pro

Anyone used Govee backlights with this tv?
Yes I am just fitted them last night and they are rather nice, work from the USB port on TV as well so no nasty mains cable. Well worth the £18

BigTelHols

I already posted a post with the prices this morning☺ £1270 for the XH9505 65 inch, and £1690 for the XG9505 75 inch. I wil sit about 2,7-3 metres from the telly.
I know you posted those prices but as discussed the XG and XH are nearly identical spec wise, so my point was how much can you buy the 75XH for, which if you are in the UK is £2000. So for me I'd buy the 75 XG, always go the biggest you can fit/afford. The only thing you'll give up is a backlit remote, which it maybe possible to buy separately anyway and better speakers. Both sets have the same processor, firmware and wide angle filter.

webby54

Yes I am just fitted them last night and they are rather nice, work from the USB port on TV as well so no nasty mains cable. Well worth the £18
Which ones did you get? I've been looking today and there seem to be so many!

gex23

Thought I'd share this here -

Be interesting if it helps some here, @gex23 I know you've had issues with sound.

(I know the update is old news now but thought the changelog was interesting)
Good to hear that they're listening to consumer feedback and attempting to resolve such issues.

I'll report back later once i've resumed Billions and see if it's indeed helped 🤞

If it has resolved the issue, and Apple TV now being available, Christmas will have come early 😁

A couple of things :

- Is Apple TV automatically 4k / HDR where available or are there different subscription tiers like Netflix?

- Is the Ethernet port on this model capped at 10/100? If so i'd assume it's preferable to connect via WiFi if the connection is stable?

Scotty Pro

Just had a notification that there is an update available, now downloading via OTA

jouster

Same here
I play the uhd rips from my windows 10 laptop via wifi and is just perfect...
impressive that it manages over wifi....I certainly wasn't expecting that either as everything else has always been hardwired and some of the files are almost 100mb bitrate

Scotty Pro

Mallett94

impressive that it manages over wifi....I certainly wasn't expecting that either as everything else has always been hardwired and some of the files are almost 100mb bitrate
That's 5Ghz for you ;)

jouster

jouster

That's 5Ghz for you ;)
i guess so, BT WHP discs within a few feet away as well...I just wouldn't even chance it over Wifi before...so another winning point for the 9505

Mallett94

Good to hear that they're listening to consumer feedback and attempting to resolve such issues.

I'll report back later once i've resumed Billions and see if it's indeed helped 🤞

If it has resolved the issue, and Apple TV now being available, Christmas will have come early 😁

A couple of things :

- Is Apple TV automatically 4k / HDR where available or are there different subscription tiers like Netflix?

- Is the Ethernet port on this model capped at 10/100? If so i'd assume it's preferable to connect via WiFi if the connection is stable?
ATV+ is only one tier, max quality that your device can support. In the past, the highest bitrates for their content have been reserved for users via the ATV4K box.

mags77

Novice Member
I know you posted those prices but as discussed the XG and XH are nearly identical spec wise, so my point was how much can you buy the 75XH for, which if you are in the UK is £2000. So for me I'd buy the 75 XG, always go the biggest you can fit/afford. The only thing you'll give up is a backlit remote, which it maybe possible to buy separately anyway and better speakers. Both sets have the same processor, firmware and wide angle filter.
Thanks mate:) The XH 75 inch was £1690, the same as the XG 75 inch is now, but I was to slow to order so now the XH 75 inch is crazy £2950. I am so pissed of that I didnt just ordered it right away when I noticed the price, but I couldnt make up my mind then if buying the Sony or go for the Samsung Q80/90-T...

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
Thanks mate:) The XH 75 inch was £1690, the same as the XG 75 inch is now, but I was to slow to order so now the XH 75 inch is crazy £2950. I am so pissed of that I didnt just ordered it right away when I noticed the price, but I couldnt make up my mind then if buying the Sony or go for the Samsung Q80/90-T...
Are you sure that wasn't the XH9005? I'm finding the 75XH9505 everywhere at £1999 at the moment. Seems a great price to me and might even have a bit more off in the next few weeks.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

Sky seals Studiocanal movie deal
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra smart phones
  • By Andy Bassett