Sony XH9505 & Laptop 'Flickering'

kungfupondfish

Standard Member
Hi everyone

I connected my laptop to my new Sony 49XH9505 tv via a HDMI lead, and the screen 'flickers' :-(. It gets worse when I go online on my laptop. My laptop is a HP brand, is approx 5 years old so is still really good. Is there something I should be doing in settings? I had no issues with my previous TV.

Please help.

Steve.

Last edited:

Eotyr

Have you tried flipping the signal format for the HDMI port?
settings - watching tv - external inputs - hdmi signal format

last i tried i couldn't get my laptop to display a full screen on the same set, no flickering though

kungfupondfish

Standard Member

last i tried i couldn't get my laptop to display a full screen on the same set, no flickering though
Hi, I'll give that a go....when my fiancee gets off the tv :)

kungfupondfish

Standard Member

I have tried enhanced on the hdmi1 and there's no change.

Morden

Hi everyone

I connected my laptop to my new Sony 49XH9505 tv via a HDMI lead, and the screen 'flickers' :-(. It gets worse when I go online on my laptop. My laptop is a HP brand, is approx 5 years old so is still really good. Is there something I should be doing in settings? I had no issues with my previous TV.

Please help.

Steve.

What mode are you using?

Morden

Hi, done that and its still flickering:-(
Have you updated your graphics drivers to latest available?

You could try setting tv as primary screen in graphics settings.

Have you set output to tv as correct aspect ratio, i would think 1080 as a minimum, but if your laptop graphics supports it try a higher resolution.

I had issues on win 10 on a non android tv and had to play about with output to get it to display correctly.
And I set tv as screen 1

kungfupondfish

Standard Member
Have you updated your graphics drivers to latest available?

You could try setting tv as primary screen in graphics settings.

Have you set output to tv as correct aspect ratio, i would think 1080 as a minimum, but if your laptop graphics supports it try a higher resolution.

I had issues on win 10 on a non android tv and had to play about with output to get it to display correctly.
And I set tv as screen 1
Hi, thanks for the advice. I tried all those and it's still flickering. I didn't have any problems with my other TV.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom