Sony XH95 4K LCD TV Preview

yeah..... blooming from an angle is very noticeable on XG95 also. But dead center is not an issue even with just white letters on black.

Sony 49X950H US !
85047437_10157786062503445_7218376518764855296_n.jpg

I have exchanged a couple of messages with Robert of ValueElectronic store! He said that the XH95 its brighter than the XG95, no visible blooming and he also confirmed that the 49" have a VA panel and a refresh rate of 120hz!

Attachments

• IMG_20200212_153312.jpg
    IMG_20200212_153312.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 3,160
Thank you techomen and Tuco for posting from our company.

We received Sony's first allocation yesterday. We are all loving Sony's 49" X950H the USA version of your XH95. Great blacks and very respectfully peak luminance and local dimming control.

Here's a brief video of the X950H set-up in our showroom.

I am quite annoyed by the inconsistent information on this tv set. Specifically, on the Sony UK and Germany websites, it is mentioned that the X-Wide Angle filter is available from a screen size of 55". This information is consistent with the CES coverage.

However, in the product overview video (link), it is noted that the X-Wide Angle filter is available on screen sizes larger than 55". The same information is provided on the Sony US and The Netherlands websites.

I would be seriously surprised of this feature differs from region to region. It does not make sense to me that in the Netherlands there would be a different 55" version from Germany and the UK.

Anyway, pretty sloppy communication from Sony marketing. I suppose we will find out what is the correct information soon enough.

Yeah, we dont even know if the TV set have 2.1 HDMI slots, from what i have read on HDTVTest web site the XH95 wont have any dedicated 2.1 port but its little brother the XH90 will have it and it will suport VRR and ALLM, not out of the box though!

It's crazy what Sony is doing nowadays, they felt on their head, its the year they will release the PS5 gaming console and their 2020 flagship wont have a HDMI 2.1 port!

Im so sorry that LG LCDs are so bad image wise, they had 2.1 HDMI ports with all the features on their 2019 Nanocells but blooming on those sets were incredible too, their design and web os, remote are cool too!

I could wait for their 48" OLED TVs but who wants to stress over burn in, or to teach your family not to watch a channel hours in a row everyday or to stress that your gaming sessions are too long and those HUDs are on the screen, i also heard that subtitles can be a problem too regarding burn in.

English is not my native language and sometimes in movies they talk fast or i cant understand what they saying and if i have a subtitle even if its in English i read the words and then i get what they said so why stress about subtitle burn in, i need to say again that i cant afford to buy a new TV every 3 years, i need it for at least 6 years!

Dunno why companies didnt got further to develope those dual layer/dual cell LCD panels. Hisense presented a dual cell TV at the CES this year, it was looking stunning from what i seen in YouTube videos!

Well we wait for the 49XH95 to hit the pro reviewers, i wonder if its much better than the XG95 or just a revamped TV

Last edited:
probably this...... essentially this is repackaged xg95 with backlit remote and different feet so.....

I do not agree with this. For sure the 65" xh95 will get the viewing angle filter, which was not the case for the xg95. It does not seem far fetched that it trickled down to the 55" as well.

Some people hate the X-Wide angle anyways!!

I think the viewing angle filter is desirable for two reasons
  1. I would not be able to live with the viewing angles of a normal VA
  2. The models with viewing angle filter have seen an improved anti-reflection filter in addition

The opposition against the filter originates from some pretty poor contrast measurements with filter; going from ~4000:1 to ~2000:1. This is something I am probably willing to live with.

Edit: I wrote a statement on why I did not trust this contrast measurement, but I made a error in my assessment.

TV SONY KD-49XH9505 available in France for 1299.00 €:
pdf product sheet:
Native panel: 100/120Hz

XH9505 differences of the 5 sizes:

Last edited:
Could be the perfect TV for me. Max 49 inch can fit on my computer desk.

But no HDMI 2.1 no VRR, ALLM.
The XH90 has all those Features but starts at 55 Inch.

Could be the perfect TV for me. Max 49 inch can fit on my computer desk.

But no HDMI 2.1 no VRR, ALLM.
The XH90 has all those Features but starts at 55 Inch.

I've been using a 49" XF90 as a PC monitor for nearly 2 years now, it's a shame the 49" XH95 isn't much of an improvement after 2 years.

probably this...... essentially this is repackaged xg95 with backlit remote and different feet so.....
Don't think this will get the new remote even, only the new 8K model and maybe new top OLED will get the backlit remote iirc.
The French specsheet mentions the 49" version will get the TX500E, probably the TX600E for the 55" and above just like the XG95.

Sony are pigs if the 49" version comes with the old remote thats not backlit!! Common, the TV costs more than the last years LG's B9 55" OLED that i could have got it on sale at 1000 euros and Sony goes stingy for a remote??? Pigs!!!

If it's going to be RMF-TX500, it's still a lot better then the old RMF-TX200 or RMF-TX300 but bigger models will have Sony RMF-TX600 with backlit which is of course not fair for people who will buy 49" model. Last year 49XG9005 also had only RMF-TX300 while XG8505 had RMF-TX500. :rolleyes:

Thank you techomen and Tuco for posting from our company.

We received Sony's first allocation yesterday. We are all loving Sony's 49" X950H the USA version of your XH95. Great blacks and very respectfully peak luminance and local dimming control.

Here's a brief video of the X950H set-up in our showroom.

Judging from that the black performance is quite poor, there's actual good blacks under the tv. :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom