Quantcast

Sony XH95 4K LCD TV Preview

Tuco Sentenza

If you have so many issues with Sony, what brings you here?
This is a genuine question btw. Are you at all interested in the set or just ripping on people with a different opinion.

It's a fact that Sony is ahead in terms of motion handling and upscaling, that was always the case. Not sure why you are attacking skyform for just stating something.
Im here cause i really wanted this model to be a good one and to buy it but is just a revamped TV and Sony doesn't care about the blooming. I thought after all the bad comments and reviews and people talking about XG95's problems Sony will try to improve this year but they doesn't want to!!

Im not attaching the man but can i have my own opinion and talk in contradictory with his thoughts??? Yeah? Thanks!!

You cant improve banding!! Noise, shadow detail and other PQ stuff you mention comes from soft and processing but banding is from hardware and manufacturing, its from the panel itself.

Rest assured that im hating Samsung too for the lack of DTS support and that they dont want to embrace Dolby Vision and Atmos!!

I wanted to buy an LG Nanocell but i hate them too!! Those IPS panels of theirs are horrible, blooming on them is awful, dimming is awful!!

I then started to look into Sony LCDs but i think i will buy an 48" OLED that i will babysit not to burn in so i hate on this too!
See? I dont have anything with Sony, i have something with any big TV manufacturer who ask big money for their sets but they fail to deliver quality!!

This way i can stay with my old and reliable 1080p TV with perfect black uniformity and good blacks for an LCD.

Last edited:

skyform

In Spain they're already available but the price is a bit LOL (1699€). I think I'm gonna buy the 55-XG9505 for 888€ and call it a day.

• 55XG95 for 888€ is a steal.
  • Imo XH95 is a smaller improvement over XG95 then XG95 over XF90.
  • 55XH95 will have better viewing angle at the expense of worse contrast and blacks. Other than that it will be almost the same tv as XG95 with no major improvements or new features for future other than better sound, new design, backlit remote, new menus, thats it.
  • XG95 at least has X1 ultimate compared to XF90 X1 extreme, which adds more complex settings for colours, better hdr and much better dv with three presets, less judder, newer mediatek chip which resaults in a much faster android and menus, new remote, new quick settings, overall a much nicer and faster experience then XF while XH has no such advantages over XG, it has the same processor and same chipset.

Last edited:

BigTelHols

• 55XG95 for 888€ is a steal.
  • Imo XH95 is a smaller improvement over XG95 then XG95 over XF90.
  • 55XH95 will have better viewing angle at the expense of worse contrast and blacks. Other than that it will be almost the same tv as XG95 with no major improvements or new features for future other than better sound, new design, backlit remote, new menus, thats it.
  • XG95 at least has X1 ultimate compared to XF90 X1 extreme, which adds more complex settings for colours, better hdr and much better dv with three presets, less judder, newer mediatek chip which resaults in a much faster android and menus, new remote, new quick settings, overall a much nicer and faster experience then XF while XH has no such advantages over XG, it has the same processor and same chipset.
This is why I've decided to buy an XG9505 65" now. The XH won't offer anything more for me, it doesn't even have the new gaming features ie Variable Refresh Rate or Auto Low Latency mode. I've got a 55" XF9005 and love it, just wanted a bigger screen so the XG should fill that requirement nicely.

Sam2060

Standard Member
I read that Sony x95H has less blooming than x95G

Xbalanced Speaker, viewing angle, and acoustic Multi Audio for 55 inch

skyform

We don't know that yet, no body made a comparison between XG95 and XH95 yet. There are only comparisons between 49XG90 and 49XH95. XG95 is a better TV then XG90.

BigTelHols

The acoustic audio and Xbalanced speaker are wasted on me as I use a Sonos Beam, with Sub and surround speakers. I sit in front of the TV so the extra wide viewing angle is not needed and has in the past on Sony TV's lowered black levels and contrast, so I'd be getting a worse viewing experience with an XH than an XG.

Alstrike

As good as all that sounds I can't justify paying double the price of the 55XG for the 55XH. I'm using an IPS 47" 3D Panasonic for the last 7 years so I guess anything would be an upgrade...

skyform

As good as all that sounds I can't justify paying double the price of the 55XG for the 55XH. I'm using an IPS 47" 3D Panasonic for the last 7 years so I guess anything would be an upgrade...
55XG95 will be a huge upgrade over a 7 years old IPS TV but you will have to get used to the worse viewing angle.

Last edited:

1234VICE

Somewhat off topic, but the Samsung Q950T review is definitely an interesting read.

It appears to address some of the main weaknesses of the q90r series, which come down to trivial SW updates but still
  • No more undefeatable dynamic tone mapping in HDR
  • Improved shadow detail rendering

All of this at an eye watering price of course. But is seems that this year's high-end Samsung sets mean business.

Tuco Sentenza

Europe is so damn expensive, i dont know why prices varies so much between US and EU. On Amazon.com the 49" was 999usd(894euro), i see that now its out of stock though. Do we live on the same Earth or what's with this price differences on almost any products.

technomen

Europe is so damn expensive, i dont know why prices varies so much between US and EU. On Amazon.com the 49" was 999usd(894euro), i see that now its out of stock though. Do we live on the same Earth or what's with this price differences on almost any products.
It was always like that, I don't know why!

Alstrike

It's called taxes and import fees.

Part of that pays for healthcare, schools, roads, unemployment and whatnot in Europe.

Sam2060

Standard Member
According to post in

Well, this is quite interesting. It turns out that I was wrong on the previous page. I stated that the X950G and the X950H are using the same main board. This has turned out to actually not be the case. I was correct though that the X950G is using main board model number A-2229-109-A. However, the new X950H has an updated main board, which is model number A-5011-896-A. This is a new model which Sony has not had in their TVs before, and it fully supports the HDMI 2.1 specs. What is interesting though, is that the A-2229-109-A main that is in the X950G also is fully capable of supporting all of the HDMI 2.1 specs. There is no reason why Sony can't offer the update in the future to X950G owners which will unlock all of these features. I am curious to see what Sony will do here. I think that will be pretty ****ty on their part if they end up denying us all the update. On a related note, the X900F has a different main board in it. It is model number A-2197-252-A. This one is not capable of supporting any of the HDMI 2.1 specs.

Do you think that Hdmi 2.1 can be fixed by a firmware update? If that so, why Sony doesn't say that Sony x95h has Hdmi 2.1 port?

Even if there's an update, the screen itse;f is 60hertz in 4k!

Forgive me I am a beginner

Tuco Sentenza

It's called taxes and import fees.

Part of that pays for healthcare, schools, roads, unemployment and whatnot in Europe.
Oh yes? So America doesn't have those taxes? They have! In my country we have a health system equaling a big zero. Roads? Not a single motorway here! Schools ask parents to gather money for festivities or other activities! Unemployment, i better not talk about this!
When we buy gaz we have taxes for roads in that price, we also pay a road tax when we leave the city. From salaries they take mandatory taxes for healthcare but if you have a problem you end up paying more!
All we earn goes on food and goes back to the state in forms of taxes. Simply put we are slaves! Do you think that your house and car you own is yours? Its just an illusion, you dont own it just they let you think you own it till you pay taxes for it, if you dont they take it!!

So now i realize that maybe US are less severe with their slaves and let them buy a TV with lesser taxes??

I really had enough living in this system that people accept it! Prices of manufacturing is the same so a TV should have the same price on this whole Earth! Wish i could escape this Earth and leave it for good!

MahaRaja

Oh yes? So America doesn't have those taxes? They have! In my country we have a health system equaling a big zero. Roads? Not a single motorway here! Schools ask parents to gather money for festivities or other activities! Unemployment, i better not talk about this!
When we buy gaz we have taxes for roads in that price, we also pay a road tax when we leave the city. From salaries they take mandatory taxes for healthcare but if you have a problem you end up paying more!
All we earn goes on food and goes back to the state in forms of taxes. Simply put we are slaves! Do you think that your house and car you own is yours? Its just an illusion, you dont own it just they let you think you own it till you pay taxes for it, if you dont they take it!!

So now i realize that maybe US are less severe with their slaves and let them buy a TV with lesser taxes??

I really had enough living in this system that people accept it! Prices of manufacturing is the same so a TV should have the same price on this whole Earth! Wish i could escape this Earth and leave it for good!
Which country you’re from pal.

Tuco Sentenza

A god damn ex communist country from eastern Europe named Romania! A country filled with stupid people and bad mentality, we still have people with commie mentality and our government is corupt AF. We do have good and smart people though but they are a rarity cause most intellectuals leaved this country and emigrated over seas to pursue their careers in a more civilized place. I have anxiety and panic problems otherwise i would have wanted to emigrate and forget about this place but circumstances held me here.

Excuse my off topic guys but with all whats going on now in the world im pissed on our system more than before, now we will face even more rough times!

All the health and well being to you guys!

Daggla

Standard Member
According to post in

Well, this is quite interesting. It turns out that I was wrong on the previous page. I stated that the X950G and the X950H are using the same main board. This has turned out to actually not be the case. I was correct though that the X950G is using main board model number A-2229-109-A. However, the new X950H has an updated main board, which is model number A-5011-896-A. This is a new model which Sony has not had in their TVs before, and it fully supports the HDMI 2.1 specs. What is interesting though, is that the A-2229-109-A main that is in the X950G also is fully capable of supporting all of the HDMI 2.1 specs. There is no reason why Sony can't offer the update in the future to X950G owners which will unlock all of these features. I am curious to see what Sony will do here. I think that will be pretty ****ty on their part if they end up denying us all the update. On a related note, the X900F has a different main board in it. It is model number A-2197-252-A. This one is not capable of supporting any of the HDMI 2.1 specs.

Do you think that Hdmi 2.1 can be fixed by a firmware update? If that so, why Sony doesn't say that Sony x95h has Hdmi 2.1 port?

Even if there's an update, the screen itse;f is 60hertz in 4k!

Forgive me I am a beginner
They already said they will only push that update on the X900H, not the X950H.
Not sure what the reason is though.

Daggla

Standard Member

In the US, the price you see is BEFORE tax. So once you get to the check out page, taxes for your state will be added. So the price you see if not what you pay.