Sony xh9005 satellite connection lost

Rayw53

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all, initially I set up the TV all ok including satellite connections Freesat.
I then set up some options with a usb device that I didn't like. I couldn't find a way to change the option back so I thought factory reset was the way to go. Oops!
When I got to setting channels on the satellite connection , it said I had no signal.
This was the same on Freesat setup and normal satellite setup.
I have 4 connections from my satellite, 2 into my Humax Freesat box for recording and 2 direct into my TV. The signal is fine to my Humax box, so I know my satellite is good. So I tried swapping cables from Humax box to my TV, to eliminate the cables into the TV being the issue, This gave same result on my TV, no signal.
So I conclude the factory reset has somehow stuffed my satellite function on the TV.
Help !

Hi all, initially I set up the TV all ok including satellite connections Freesat.
I then set up some options with a usb device that I didn't like. I couldn't find a way to change the option back so I thought factory reset was the way to go. Oops!
When I got to setting channels on the satellite connection , it said I had no signal.
This was the same on Freesat setup and normal satellite setup.
I have 4 connections from my satellite, 2 into my Humax Freesat box for recording and 2 direct into my TV. The signal is fine to my Humax box, so I know my satellite is good. So I tried swapping cables from Humax box to my TV, to eliminate the cables into the TV being the issue, This gave same result on my TV, no signal.
So I conclude the factory reset has somehow stuffed my satellite function on the TV.
Help !
You're probably trying to tune to the wrong satellite or the correct satellite on the wrong polarity, or you've set the dish type wrong.

If that was the case then the satellite connection to the Humax box wouldn't be working, I think.

If that was the case then the satellite connection to the Humax box wouldn't be working, I think.
The option to change it is in the TV tuner settings menu, if it's not set to look for astra it won't find it.
If you use the help menu on the TV it tells you what you need to do.

Looks like it's set to astra2 I assume this is ok

IMG_20200907_111551.jpg

Change the transponder polarisation to "vertical or right hand"
Also change the frequency to 12168.
If that doesn't work I'm lost.

Last edited:
Oh well thanks for trying, that didn't work.
Guess it's a call for Sony support....🤪

Have you tried a soft reset? (power off & restart)
Also disable satellite from the autotune menu & then run setup from the autotune menu.

That's my lot I'll be on the phone to Sony in the morning.
See what they come up with. Thanks again 😃

from Sony's site......bugger
Temporary suspension of firmware update v6.0152 for X90 and X92 series - 4 September 2020

Applicable Products and Categories of This Article
When releasing firmware updates, Sony always keeps a close eye on the roll-out to ensure our customers enjoy a smooth and satisfying experience.
On the 12th of August 2020, Sony released firmware package v6.0152 for the XH90 and XH92 series. Unfortunately, our technical team has discovered that DVB-S satellite tuning is impaired if you have updated your television to version v6.0152 and have performed a factory data reset since the August update.
If you’re experiencing difficulties with satellite tuning, please visit our satellite tuning guide or consult this video:
If you’re still unable to tune, please contact us.

Updated to V6.0152 and haven’t performed a factory data reset?

Sony advises not to perform a factory reset until we release a software fix in the very near future. Once the firmware update has been rectified, the suspension will be lifted.
The recommended way to receive this update is by ensuring that the Automatic software download setting on your TV is turned set to [ON]. Your TV should then receive the update automatically, in the coming weeks.
In the meantime, we thank you for your understanding and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Well it's now 2 weeks since I contacted Sony. I still don't have a fully operational TV. Seems the repair company used by Sony is waiting for parts. The fix is a replacement of the main board , my expectations of it being a software fix was obviously wrong. I am hoping to get a visit from them this week to do the repair. To tell the truth I haven't found Sony that great to deal with on this matter, which is disappointing.

Well it's now 2 weeks since I contacted Sony. I still don't have a fully operational TV. Seems the repair company used by Sony is waiting for parts. The fix is a replacement of the main board , my expectations of it being a software fix was obviously wrong. I am hoping to get a visit from them this week to do the repair. To tell the truth I haven't found Sony that great to deal with on this matter, which is disappointing.

How long have you owned the set for? I think I would demand a new/replacement set or my money back.

I decided I had given Sony plenty of time to resolve this issue, so I contacted John Lewis. They agree with me that Sony should have replaced my TV .
My replacement TV will be delivered on Monday from John Lewis.
Not impressed with Sony customer service on this matter.

Ok next phase, new TV arrived, all mounted ready to go and the bloody thing won't turn on, I just get the white light under the Sony badge for a couple of seconds then nothing. Tried unplugging leave for 5 mins, try again same result. Tried holding button on remote for 15 secs to force reboot, same result , nothing happens.

Ok next phase, new TV arrived, all mounted ready to go and the bloody thing won't turn on, I just get the white light under the Sony badge for a couple of seconds then nothing. Tried unplugging leave for 5 mins, try again same result. Tried holding button on remote for 15 secs to force reboot, same result , nothing happens.

Nightmare mate! Give Sony customer relations a call to see if they can recommend something but my gut feeling is saying it's not right and will need swapping out. Third time lucky I'm sure!

Nightmare mate! Give Sony customer relations a call to see if they can recommend something but my gut feeling is saying it's not right and will need swapping out. Third time lucky I'm sure!
Just called Sony support, they don't seem to have a clue , gonna ring me back , in max 2 hours... I've just about had it with Sony. 🤪

Just called Sony support, they don't seem to have a clue , gonna ring me back , in max 2 hours... I've just about had it with Sony. 🤪

Did they call back? I suspect you'll need a new set.

Did they call back? I suspect you'll need a new set.
Yes they called back in 30 mins, once they had looked up the TV layout.
Unplug the TV hold the power button on the TV down for 5 seconds, then while holding the button down plug the TV back in, lucky I have long arms. Then you should see a green light on the front of the TV. Guess what no fu**ing green light.
End of Sony's ideas, back to booking a visit from an engineer.
I'll let you know how I get on.

Yes they called back in 30 mins, once they had looked up the TV layout.
Unplug the TV hold the power button on the TV down for 5 seconds, then while holding the button down plug the TV back in, lucky I have long arms. Then you should see a green light on the front of the TV. Guess what no fu**ing green light.
End of Sony's ideas, back to booking a visit from an engineer.
I'll let you know how I get on.

So frustrating! But if this is a brand new set from JL why not call them and ask for a swap? The engineer will almost certainly condem it anyway. Good luck!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom