Sony XH9005 55” John Lewis replacement?

sanmiguel80x

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I bought the Sony XH9005 in August this year which has since had some dark shadows appearing around the edge of the screen.

I phoned JL and they sent out engineers to take some photos of it.

I’m waiting on a response.

If they can repair it, that’ll be fine. But I’m wondering what will happen if they say they can’t repair it and offer a replacement TV?

Now here’s the thing… I paid £529 for it in a clearance sale. The website says they will replace with equivalent specs, but I think the equivalent now is the XR55X90J, but that’s currently on their website for £899.

Would they replace it with this, or am I being optimistic?

I know I got the 9005 for cheap, but I got it for Full Array, HDMI 2.1 etc… would I have a case to get a equivalent spec? Or would they just offer a tv of similar value to the price I paid?

Thanks

They could just refund you, especially if its cheaper for them.

Thanks for the reply,

I did think that, but it very clearly states on their guarantee:

“If we can't repair your TV, we'll replace it with a TV of equivalent specification. If no equivalent product is available, we'll either offer you the nearest equivalent specification or its selling price value, and we'll always do our best to make sure you're satisfied with the outcome.”

Well… Equivalent TV’s are available on their website.

Sorry, just trying to prepare for the worst and have some sort of argument in place.

Didn't happen for me, i had one of the problematic sony lcd tv's constantly crashing & there was a massive thread about it on the sony forum, the tv was 2yrs old & i was offered a refind/replacement allowance with wear & tear deducted & that was after getting the head of customer services involved

Firstly, good news and well done
But what a bizarre way to get there. One hand says no the other says yes. JL customer services is becoming a joke. I only deal with the store now. Luckily I have one not far away
Again, well done 👍

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom