Sony XH90 vs TLC 728 vs Samsung Q77A

hgreg

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I 'm looking to a buy a new Tv in 65", so i researched on forums and youtube about what should i get.
I was planning to go with the Sony, but 2 almost identical model is available for the same price, and the also have VRR.
I will mainly use it for (HDR/Dolby vision) Movies and Netflix/Amazon/HBO, sometimes for pc gaming.
Technically the TLC looks better with 1296 FALD zones (if it's true) vs Sony 32 , but it's just 8bit + RFC, and on the other hand there is the Samsung Q77A what looks like almost the same as the Sony on paper.

The Sony costs : 990 Euros, TLC: 790 and the Samsung 1080.
Wich one should i get? Any other recommendations?

Thank is advance,
Greg

They are not identical models. The Sony XH90 has a FALD system and can reach circa 750nits which makes it far more suitable than the other TVs for HDR.

Really though, I'd set your heights a bit higher if you can and look at either the Hisense U8Q or Sony XH9505 instead. If you do want to look at 2021 models instead then the TCL C825 may be attractive. Go lower and you can expect issues with HDR playback.

The TCL 728 does not have that many FALD zones, its a direct lit TV with global dimming. You can see a review here: Google Translate

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom