Sony Xh90 best set up advice?!

Joshdean2012

Hey guys. I ordered the Sony centre refurb Xh90 due to arrive this week.

I have a ps5 and a Sky Q 2tb box to connect. Also a firestick.

I'm curious about how to set it up.

I want Dolby Vision movies but I don't believe Sky Q offers Dolby Vision just HLG? If so is it pointless connecting this to the HDMI 4 port?

I also don't believe the PS5 offers Dolby Vision? For Blu-ray movies? (If so shame)

So does this mean the only way I will get Dolby vision is via the native TV apps such as Netflix etc?

Presumably I can't get DV via the Sky Q Netflix app as that's also presumably HLG too?!

Confusing myself as to which port will go where to get the best use of the TV as I don't want to be missing out on anything.

Ps5 I will want 120hz option so presumably that's only hdmi 3/4.

If Sky Q is only HLG HDR then presumably this only needs to use HDMI 1/2 (2.0).

Finally no soundbar yet but I will go EARC at some point one of the 2.1s will need to be used for this.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1613394317373.gif
    1613394317373.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 19

bydandie

Don't know about PS5, but the Sky Q (at best) is HLG (if you have a v2/v3 Sky Q box). The hardware won't output anything higher from their. Good news is that the built-in apps will support DV if your TV does, and I believe that it now does LLDV too?

In terms of settings, check this video out

Joshdean2012

Cheers pal! Is LLDV the full fat Dolby vision I believe? Does Netflix offer this? Always thought streaming services downscaled it? Frustrating as I have a ps5 and I don't think that offers Dolby vision (wanted to check some Blu-ray's out) Yes I was sure Sky only offers HLG so presuming the sky on board Netflix can only offer the same? A little hassle as I'd have preferred everything to work well via the Sky Q box. Not the end of the world.

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom