Sony XH90 4K LCD TV Preview

The clicking is yet another common issue/software fault.
You can try turning off the RS232 control in external inputs > advanced.

The HDTV test video "Best TV for PS5 Gaming 2020" at 9:50 has pretty good images. PC windows Text looks bad, like it's been downscaled then upscaled for display.

Not just text. In games, the entire image gets blurried too. Textures looks lower res in 4k@120Hz. Sony wanted to favour lower input lag and not crisper image.

Hello I was wondering for whoever owns a X900H (planning to get a 55") does it have bad color banding and should I hold off on updating the firmware if I purchase one? Thanks!

Screenshot_20201030_070438_com.twitter.android.jpg

Gosh i am so double minded whether to purchase the 85 inch version of this TV. I am getting my laminate replaced in a few weeks then i am ready to buy.
Decisions, Decisions.

Oh man was ready to pull trigger on 65 of this bad boy, suppose I have to wait till new consoles out to test but doubt any run 4k 120hz .What's everybody's feelings about this has anyone tested any content ?

I was looking for a dedicated thread for XH90 users, I suppose this is it. Would be nice to have a dedicated thread.

About to pull the trigger on 75XH9005 from Costco £1599, I think is a good deal and their returns and waranty is exceptional. Have also ordered Sonos Arc Home Cinema (Arc/Sub/SL1's - the full monty)

Any one, have XH9005 with Sonos Arc Home Cinema - please let me know if it all works fine.

Also, any one here got best settings for 75XH9005 - please post.

Does anybody know how I can register my XH9005 to get the 5 year warranty?

I bought from DID, they're telling me I need to register with Sony and I've done so, but Sony only show a one year warranty...

Does anybody know how I can register my XH9005 to get the 5 year warranty?

I bought from DID, they're telling me I need to register with Sony and I've done so, but Sony only show a one year warranty...

If you call the Sony customer service and explain you bought it with a 5 year warranty then they will be able to help you. If Sony are saying they are only giving a one year then the retailer you purchased from will have to make up the remaining four. Sony do normally provide a 5 year warranty though.

If you call the Sony customer service and explain you bought it with a 5 year warranty then they will be able to help you. If Sony are saying they are only giving a one year then the retailer you purchased from will have to make up the remaining four. Sony do normally provide a 5 year warranty though.

Great, thank you, I'll call them in the morning in that case.

I tried the settings from that video at first and thought the picture looked a bit weird.
Tracked it down to local dimming on high gives the blackest black but blows out detail in the highlights and makes the backlight zones more obvious on mid grey backgrounds. So I went back to medium.
I have since seen the high local dimming picture processing mentioned in the AVS thread as well.

BTW tried a Factory reset at the weekend and it made no appreciable difference to the random rebooting of the TV.

I was looking for a dedicated thread for XH90 users, I suppose this is it. Would be nice to have a dedicated thread.

About to pull the trigger on 75XH9005 from Costco £1599, I think is a good deal and their returns and waranty is exceptional. Have also ordered Sonos Arc Home Cinema (Arc/Sub/SL1's - the full monty)

Any one, have XH9005 with Sonos Arc Home Cinema - please let me know if it all works fine.
I’ve got a 65 with the full sonos and it works pretty much perfectly with Xbox and sky hd box. The only thing I’ve noticed with sky is sometimes the lip sync goes ever so slightly out and I’ve found if you select Tv speakers and then back to home audio (takes 2 secs) it’s all good again. Very happy with the TV.

Guys,

I got the x90h (x9077h), I live in the middle east. I bought after sony announced that this TV will have the HDMI 2.1 & RR 120 hertz. Updating to V6.0384.

Unfortunately this software version is not (yet) available on Sony mena and asia pacific website. I am worried that we won't get this version?? Is this true?? Or Sony got a schedule for their updates??

I tried to download the update using the USB option and it failed.

Any updates / news I missed?? Any chance that I will get it soon??

Thanks

Guys,

I got the x90h (x9077h), I live in the middle east. I bought after sony announced that this TV will have the HDMI 2.1 & RR 120 hertz. Updating to V6.0384.

Unfortunately this software version is not (yet) available on Sony mena and asia pacific website. I am worried that we won't get this version?? Is this true?? Or Sony got a schedule for their updates??

I tried to download the update using the USB option and it failed.

Any updates / news I missed?? Any chance that I will get it soon??

Thanks

There'll be another update coming maybe they're waiting for that one instead.

There'll be another update coming maybe they're waiting for that one instead.

I think they're due to release an update for most of not all newer models before the end of the year.

Hi guys I’ve just had my new Sony delivered today I went for the 65” KD65XH9296BU I got it for a good deal with discount from Pc World for £1080 and I’m absolutely delighted with it. I’m just wondering though I wanted the XH900 but the guy in PC world said the XH 92 is the exact same TV with HDMI 2.1 but the legs also adjust on this one compared to the XH900 which do not, can someone confirm that I was advised correctly and that my TV does support HDMI 2.1 I’ve looked at the software updates but there isn’t any to install just wondering if someone could give me some advice as I’m worried I may have got the wrong model TV lol.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the model you've purchased is a Curry's exclusive adjustable legs and black.

It's the same TV as the XH900.

The TV will be HDMI 2.1 compatible once Sony re release the update. They released it once but have since pulled the update due to issues.

The TV will still run 4k 60hz great for the time being.

Hi guys I’ve just had my new Sony delivered today I went for the 65” KD65XH9296BU I got it for a good deal with discount from Pc World for £1080 and I’m absolutely delighted with it. I’m just wondering though I wanted the XH900 but the guy in PC world said the XH 92 is the exact same TV with HDMI 2.1 but the legs also adjust on this one compared to the XH900 which do not, can someone confirm that I was advised correctly and that my TV does support HDMI 2.1 I’ve looked at the software updates but there isn’t any to install just wondering if someone could give me some advice as I’m worried I may have got the wrong model TV lol.
Hi, congratulations on your new purchase. Yes this is the same as the 65XH9005. As far as I am aware, Currys could be the only retailer selling the XH9296 with adjustable feet. Did you buy at £1080 with staff discount?

Hi, congratulations on your new purchase. Yes this is the same as the 65XH9005. As far as I am aware, Currys could be the only retailer selling the XH9296 with adjustable feet. Did you buy at £1080 with staff discount?
Hi yes I did I thought it was to good a deal to not have the TV at that sort of price, I don’t work there but a family member works for knowhow so it made sense to make the most of the discount.

Hi,

I have the xg95 and waiting for the apple tv app.

How is the pitchure and sound quality when playing the build in app,?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom