Sony XG9505 LED LCD TV Owners and Discussion thread

Has there been any new developments regarding VRR on this TV?
I'm about to purchase the TV, but don't want to be disappointed by Sony's lack of support.

Has there been any new developments regarding VRR on this TV?
I'm about to purchase the TV, but don't want to be disappointed by Sony's lack of support.
It doesn't have it, never been promised so if that's what you're looking for I'd look elsewhere, that being said it may get a patch but not guaranteed.

Hi guys my tv just arrived and its awesome right out of the box. I have my Nvidia shield plugged into it and so far very happy. Is there any settings I should look out for? HDR looks good however I have to physically go into the advance settings because Auto does not seem to be working. Hi have netflix disney plus and prime. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking about buying one of these, but need to work out available footprint on tv unit and looking for some help.

Can anyone with a 55 inch one tell me the distance of feet from centre of tv and distance between outer part of foot and edge of tv?

Thanks

I'm thinking about buying one of these, but need to work out available footprint on tv unit and looking for some help.

Can anyone with a 55 inch one tell me the distance of feet from centre of tv and distance between outer part of foot and edge of tv?

Thanks
102cm wide and 30cm deep will accommodate it

The space between the legs is 66 at the back and 102 at the front, what size is the unit you’re going to put it on? It’s about 20 cm from leg to edge of tv

You’ve plenty of depth to spare and if it doesn’t fit you can get a cheap generic stand with a smaller footprint.

Hi,

Wondered if anyone can provide insight into the Audio Pass-though with the Sony XG9505/X9505G, I'm upgrading my Sonos system (sub.One's) to Atmos and have a Sonos Arc on its way to replace the old playbar

Trying to get my head around the Atmos pass-through pre-req's and need guidance from anyone who has knowledge in this area.

I know that the built in TV apps (Netflix/prime/Rakuten) broadcast the Dolby Atmos signal downstream from the TV to the Sonos Arc on the basis there is a need for the downstream content to go via the e-Arc (HDMI3) Port and suggests to also have a HDMI2.1 cable.

So my question is, the Sonos Arc only has one HMDI port which is used to connect to the TV, But I have an external sources such as SkyQ/Apple TV too. This means that the Atmos signal will be sent upsteam via the external source to the TV and then Passthrough downstream to the Sonos Arc...

Therefore, [scratching head] if I need an e-ARC port to send Downstream to Sonos Arc , would I also need a 2nd e-ARC port for the upstream from my external source (Skyq and Appletv)..

I hope I'm making sense.

Advice very welcome.... I hope I'm not limited to Dolby Atmos via the TV

Hi,

Wondered if anyone can provide insight into the Audio Pass-though with the Sony XG9505/X9505G, I'm upgrading my Sonos system (sub.One's) to Atmos and have a Sonos Arc on its way to replace the old playbar

Trying to get my head around the Atmos pass-through pre-req's and need guidance from anyone who has knowledge in this area.

I know that the built in TV apps (Netflix/prime/Rakuten) broadcast the Dolby Atmos signal downstream from the TV to the Sonos Arc on the basis there is a need for the downstream content to go via the e-Arc (HDMI3) Port and suggests to also have a HDMI2.1 cable.

So my question is, the Sonos Arc only has one HMDI port which is used to connect to the TV, But I have an external sources such as SkyQ/Apple TV too. This means that the Atmos signal will be sent upsteam via the external source to the TV and then Passthrough downstream to the Sonos Arc...

Therefore, [scratching head] if I need an e-ARC port to send Downstream to Sonos Arc , would I also need a 2nd e-ARC port for the upstream from my external source (Skyq and Appletv)..

I hope I'm making sense.

The sky etc just go into normal hdmi slots on TV and TV sends sound to arc

Hi,

I hope I'm making sense.

What he said is correct. I’ve got a 65 XG9505 and a Sonos Arc. The Arc is in the E-ARC hdmi slot. PS4 Pro, Apple TV 4k and Xbox One S are in the other hdmi slots. I get Dolby Atmos out of both the Apple TV and Xbox One S.

Hopefully that would work, but just can't get my head around that the Atmos (Dolby TrueHD) signal needs E-ARC for both upstream and downstream....to cope with the Atmos audio bandwidths and Metadata.... so how is Sky transmitting the Atmos signal via a normal ARC port, are they transmitting audio in DD+ format).. in order for Dolby Atmos True HD format, it surely needs two E-arc ports if I'm steaming content from an external source other than the TV. hmmmm

this is Sonos feedback on E-arc and Atmos.

Sonos Arc must be connected to HDMI ARC or HDMI eARC to play any Dolby Atmos content. ... Most Dolby Atmos audio can be played through HDMI-ARC using the Dolby Digital Plus codec. HDMI-eARC is required to play lossless Dolby Atmos audio using the Dolby TrueHD codec.

What he said is correct. I’ve got a 65 XG9505 and a Sonos Arc. The Arc is in the E-ARC hdmi slot. PS4 Pro, Apple TV 4k and Xbox One S are in the other hdmi slots. I get Dolby Atmos out of both the Apple TV and Xbox One S.

Whoop, that's great, just what I wanted to hear..... glad it works..

Whoop, that's great, just what I wanted to hear..... glad it works..
I've previously posted a screenshot in the Sonos Arc thread, I'm getting full lossless Atmos from Passengers on 4K UHD Bluray played back via my Xbox One S :thumbsup:

Hopefully that would work, but just can't get my head around that the Atmos (Dolby TrueHD) signal needs E-ARC for both upstream and downstream....to cope with the Atmos audio bandwidths and Metadata.... so how is Sky transmitting the Atmos signal via a normal ARC port, are they transmitting audio in DD+ format).. in order for Dolby Atmos True HD format, it surely needs two E-arc ports if I'm steaming content from an external source other than the TV. hmmmm

this is Sonos feedback on E-arc and Atmos.

Sonos Arc must be connected to HDMI ARC or HDMI eARC to play any Dolby Atmos content. ... Most Dolby Atmos audio can be played through HDMI-ARC using the Dolby Digital Plus codec. HDMI-eARC is required to play lossless Dolby Atmos audio using the Dolby TrueHD codec.
Sky is using dd+

am buying today or tomorrow as got a jl price match at £899, dont think thats too bad

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom