Sony XG95 (KD-65XG9505) 4K LCD Preview & Comments

Never mind the Q90, there’s a few more Q models that may be better than this.

Interesting few weeks ahead.

Never mind the Q90, there’s a few more Q models that may be better than this.

Interesting few weeks ahead.
Personally I wouldn't go further down the line as I want it not just to game on.

Last edited:
I don’t think the 55xf9005 will be lower than £1200 as it will mean the 55xg85 models won’t sell.

When do you guys think the 55xg9505 will actually be available here in the uk.
Is late February too optimistic.
How about first week March.
I know reviews come out much later in some cases.

Amazon have listed the X950G on the US website- it isn't in stock yet- but it's a signal of intent!

I bet it'll be out within the next week or two in the USA. I'm not sure about good old Blighty, but I bet the UK won't be far behind. The latest Samsung tellys are a bit over-priced in my opinion, and of course Sony is renowned for it's motion-handling technology.

Our 49" X900F is serving us well, it's a great television. I think 55" will be ideal for the front room- as I like to play games, I don't want a screen that's too big (I like to sit right up to the TV).

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting this telly; if it actually performs better than the X900F, then that's a bonus.

I've been checking Amazon and best Buy everyday (it's on Best Buy yet).

I realise this posting is only really useful to the Yanks- hopefully the UK release is imminent also...

Amazon have listed the X950G on the US website- it isn't in stock yet- but it's a signal of intent!

I bet it'll be out within the next week or two in the USA. I'm not sure about good old Blighty, but I bet the UK won't be far behind. The latest Samsung tellys are a bit over-priced in my opinion, and of course Sony is renowned for it's motion-handling technology.

Our 49" X900F is serving us well, it's a great television. I think 55" will be ideal for the front room- as I like to play games, I don't want a screen that's too big (I like to sit right up to the TV).

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting this telly; if it actually performs better than the X900F, then that's a bonus.

I've been checking Amazon and best Buy everyday (it's on Best Buy yet).

I realise this posting is only really useful to the Yanks- hopefully the UK release is imminent also...
Flatpanels have their review sample in also

The xf9005 is considered washed out a little by some reviewers, and if the xg95 is supposed to have the same colour volume as mentioned here somewhere, it won’t be much better on that front.
Also same brightness as xf9005 at times 6 contrast.

In terms of picture, it will have better blacks, no blooming and better zonal control. I don’t think the motion will be much better as it is currently the best available. This is of course just a prediction.

Vince from hdtv test said it looked in someways comparable to the Samsung q9fn in the demo he saw briefly.

There are loads of Samsung models with fald this year.
The 9505 will have lots of competition at various price points.

Yup. 3 or 4 depending on the market.

It’s not going to outgun the ZF9 so will have less than 100 zones. Contrast/backlight might be better but for sheer brightness with contrast/backlight it’s hard to look beyond higher range Samsung models.

Looking like Sony and everyone else underestimated Samsung

Serious light leakage for Spider-Man towards the end...
Can’t judge a video but bit worried
Will see how this performs versus Q80R/q85 as Q90 another league/price

Pretty sure this is the 75" with X-Wide ...

the video only speaks for the XG9505 not for the Oled !
Yes I know but they also have another video for the AG9 and AG8. I clearly heard 'Mars' in this video but then I watched the OLED video and heard 'marche' and 'Mai' so I thought I heard incorrectly for the XG95 :laugh:.

Pretty sure this is the 75" with X-Wide ...

Yes I know but they also have another video for the AG9 and AG8. I clearly heard 'Mars' in this video but then I watched the OLED video and heard 'marche' and 'Mai' so I thought I heard incorrectly for the XG95 :laugh:.
Yep...mars aka March it is

Crikey. It had better be good. That’s starting at oled levels (non Sony ones)

Cripes. Versus ~€1250 for the 55 inch in USA
It is even worse in pounds, probably £1100. I have more chances to get a 65 at a descent price than a 55...depressing

(Resolved- regarding availability on amazon.com)

Last edited:

Controlled picture is one of the few advantages of this model.
Spec wise it isn’t much of an upgrade except processor.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom