Quantcast

Sony XG95 (KD-65XG9505) 4K LCD Preview

Goldorak

Distinguished Member

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
@Phil Hinton this tv is now my number one choice based on spec and forecasted price.
Any idea when you get hold of one for review ?
Anything additional you can comment on from what you saw in the flesh?
Thank you in advance

technomen

Summary of the Chinese test by a member of hifi-forum.de (thanks to him):
the reproducible color volume is therefore minimal above the XF90, the accuracy of the color rendering for a value of ΔE of 2.36

The Dimming restaurant works perfectly, the gradients in the dark areas are very recognizable.
As a result, the XG95 is characterized by high color accuracy and excellent black display, comparable to an OLED TV.
If the translation is correct, hardly any blooming effect is visible, even in HDR mode

moreover, we express ourselves very positively about the new sound system and its effects,
We feel that the sound moves on the screen according to the movements of the images, thus transmitting a very real motion profile.

the new XG95 remote control

Overall, at least very similar to the first observation HERE
here too, was mentioned the excellent attenuation, it is also spoken in terms of representation in black level similar to OLED.
The meaning of the translation must always be questioned, but in general, the XG95 seems to offer a very good performance in imaging ...

Please note, however, that the evaluation is for models without X-Wide Angle (55 "/ 65") technology,
the characteristics of the 75 "or 85" model can be very different from the points described here, as these, as we already know with the ZF9, are equipped with X-Wide Angle technology.
Sony 2019 XG95 55"/65"/75"/85" (X-Wide Angle, Multi Acoustic Audio, X1 Ult..., Sony - HIFI-FORUM (Seite 4)
Google Translate

Last edited:

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
Goldy when was the last time you actually bought a tv?
When I had hair and could see my feet :)
Édit: for the record, i can still see part of my feet but now called chrome dome...

Last edited:

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
8594360C-9211-4D24-A089-7719E9860771.jpeg
Summary of the Chinese test by a member of hifi-forum.de (thanks to him):
the reproducible color volume is therefore minimal above the XF90, the accuracy of the color rendering for a value of ΔE of 2.36

The Dimming restaurant works perfectly, the gradients in the dark areas are very recognizable.
As a result, the XG95 is characterized by high color accuracy and excellent black display, comparable to an OLED TV.
If the translation is correct, hardly any blooming effect is visible, even in HDR mode

moreover, we express ourselves very positively about the new sound system and its effects,
We feel that the sound moves on the screen according to the movements of the images, thus transmitting a very real motion profile.

the new XG95 remote control

Overall, at least very similar to the first observation HERE
here too, was mentioned the excellent attenuation, it is also spoken in terms of representation in black level similar to OLED.
The meaning of the translation must always be questioned, but in general, the XG95 seems to offer a very good performance in imaging ...

Please note, however, that the evaluation is for models without X-Wide Angle (55 "/ 65") technology,
the characteristics of the 75 "or 85" model can be very different from the points described here, as these, as we already know with the ZF9, are equipped with X-Wide Angle technology.
Sony 2019 XG95 55"/65"/75"/85" (X-Wide Angle, Multi Acoustic Audio, X1 Ult..., Sony - HIFI-FORUM (Seite 4)
Google Translate

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
The Sony early reviews sound too good to be true...
I know the x1 ultimate extra power and object based approach can change things.
However, I am wondering how did they manage such blacks and light control with probably same zones as last year? Looks impressive so far...but we need serious reviews

I am surprised they managed that and hoping it is not at the expense of something else or whatever...

We should know in feb. If they don’t mess prices in uk, this could be a superb next and transition tv...

Anyone knows when Sony is doing the previews to trade and journalists/reviewer?

encaser

The Sony early reviews sound too good to be true...
I know the x1 ultimate extra power and object based approach can change things.
However, I am wondering how did they manage such blacks and light control with probably same zones as last year? Looks impressive so far...but we need serious reviews

I am surprised they managed that and hoping it is not at the expense of something else or whatever...

We should know in feb. If they don’t mess prices in uk, this could be a superb next and transition tv...

Anyone knows when Sony is doing the previews to trade and journalists/reviewer?
Yeah, I'm thinking the 'reviews' so far are probably leaning heavily on the generous side and more based for sales. For example, there's no way they match OLED for blacks and colour. As I recall, our Danish friends and Vincent said improved blacks, blooming and much better off-axis. And none have reviewed any properly which, by the way, may well be post launch as is often the case...

LCDseeker

Yeah, I'm thinking the 'reviews' so far are probably leaning heavily on the generous side and more based for sales. For example, there's no way they match OLED for blacks and colour. As I recall, our Danish friends and Vincent said improved blacks, blooming and much better off-axis. And none have reviewed any properly which, by the way, may well be post launch as is often the case...
I don't see why it can't get very, very close.

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
Danish reviewer? Which one and where? You mean hdtv guy?. Just knew about Vincent comment which is encouraging followed by the Japanese reviews.

Like a French guy said in another forum, this tv could be between zf9 and q9, striking a potentially fine balance

Roll on reviews, I can’t wait anymore!!!
...and let’s hope we will not be let down

daz777

On the sony website.
KD-55XG9505 RRP £1,899.00
KD-65XG9505 RRP £2,499.00
KD-75XG9505 RRP £3,999.00
KD-85XG9505 Price unavailable

davidac

Sony XG9505 specs says "With up to six times the contrast of conventional LED TV's", the same as they say in their Xf9005 specs.

encaser

Absolute LOL at those prices. Way too close to oleds and Q9 prices.
Yup. Be interesting to see if the opening prices tumble fast or, if Sony sits on them like they have with other models. However, if the latter, buyers will be able to cash in on higher end 2018 LED or, OLED models as they fall around now.

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
On the sony website.
KD-55XG9505 RRP £1,899.00
KD-65XG9505 RRP £2,499.00
KD-75XG9505 RRP £3,999.00
KD-85XG9505 Price unavailable
Bastards...they doing it again...uk rip off
Still, rrp don’t mean much
55: rip off big time.
65: as expected, not a bad rrp to start
75: no idea but sounds about right rrp

Funny bit is that Sony better not price like Samsung as they can’t compete with q9

Reviews now please

encaser

Bastards...they doing it again...uk rip off
Still, rrp don’t mean much
55: rip off big time.
65: as expected, not a bad rrp to start
75: no idea but sounds about right rrp

Funny bit is that Sony better not price like Samsung as they can’t compete with q9

Reviews now please
Yeah, good point. Sony could be in for a bumpy start. Two Q9FN's, whereby people will be able to see if the last one and/or the new too kicks the XG95's arse and by how much in picture quality and so balance price too.
Size-wise, the 75" as a start appears best price-wise, especially if it drops quickly but it's not the key sales area in any sort of numbers and possibly least likely to fall fast due to size and market uptake...
The 85" still isn't even listed fully and so must a late release. I want that size but will clearly have the benefit of reviews for the smaller stablemates and may turn into a none issue at this rate for price alone.

technomen

yet in China and the USA they were announced at the same price or a little cheaper than the XF90 of last year and why not the same thing in Equrope ?

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
yet in China and the USA they were announced at the same price or a little cheaper than the XF90 of last year and why not the same thing in Equrope ?
Because they can’t resist screwing us in uk and Europe. Temptations too big to use brexit and other stuff to justify such prices when we all know the us and Chinese ones

Let’s hope Sony reads this and correct rrp..they are pushing us into Samsung and LG hands with such prices especially for 55

Must watch retailers too as sometimes some brake ranks and price more realistically...

Last edited: