Sony XE 90 won't power on?

nicolaidenmark

Established Member
Reaction score
Recently above problem seems to occour more and more frequently. The set won't turn on. Neither with original remote or logitech Harmony. Tried powering off at outlet and back on quickly. No change. Set is bricked with other electrical / hifi stuff.

Any ideas?

Suggest you unplug any additional equipment that you have connected HDMI & USB etc:
Forget the Remote...Try turning TV on with power on button at side of TV.
Worth a try ?.

i also have this issue. however, removing power lead and replacing does work. only happened since home screen changed. has anyone found the root cause or a solution?

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Same issue here. A few times new the TV will not power up. I have to un-plug it, plug it back in for it to work.

Still happens every once in a while. Wrinkly: by "replacing", do you mean plug back in or purchasing a new chord?

I saw on another thread about removing any USB devices. I had a memory stick connected. Since I removed it I am no longer having the issue

I saw on another thread about removing any USB devices. I had a memory stick connected. Since I removed it I am no longer having the issue

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try to remove them tonight. I have 2 usb flash drives connected.

Unplugging USB devices is a good tip which has been mentioned. Also I did see some info elsewhere which might be worth trying if you have installed the latest Oreo update. I have heard the XE can be affected by a certain setting. Some users have suggested that switching OFF "Service Replacement" in the TV digital settings fixes the problem. This also works around an issue where the TV can freeze when changing channels on the TV.

When "ON" this setting automatically changes the channel if the broadcaster changes transmission of the viewed programme to a different channel. Not sure this is ever used? Not in the UK that I know if.

So to turn this off Home > Settings > Channel Setup > Digital Setup > Technical Set-up > Service Replacement (set to OFF).

Hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom