Sony XBR85x90ch TV digital out to analog signal. no audio to amplifier

taco2000

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Really frustrating getting my new sony tv audio signal to my amp, I used this Amazon product ASIN B081MZVK64View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081MZVK64/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
to convert the digital audio to analog , so that my amp(only has RCA connection) can get audio signal from TV. I am using this AMP because I have 2 big BMB speaker for karaoke.

I followed the sony support website steps to enable PCM on tv. but still no audio going to my amp. Please help.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Don't know why you can't get it to work, is there a red glow at the end of the optical cable that plugs into the amp?
What source are you viewing on the TV?
Do you have the correct source selected on your amp?
There is a simpler/cheaper solution with Sony TV's.
Use a 3.5mm stereo minijack to RCA Phono cable from the TV's headphone socket to the amp and go into the TV's audio settings and set the headphone output to “Line out”

Don't know why you can't get it to work, is there a red glow at the end of the optical cable that plugs into the amp?
What source are you viewing on the TV?
Do you have the correct source selected on your amp?
There is a simpler/cheaper solution with Sony TV's.
Use a 3.5mm stereo minijack to RCA Phono cable from the TV's headphone socket to the amp and go into the TV's audio settings and set the headphone output to “Line out”
no, the red glow optical cable is plugged into the optical to analog converter, then from the converter, the RCA to my amplifier RCA connection.

The source is youtube or apple airplay..

Ok, I could try that, but I prefer digital audio signal since it's better than 3.5, i think.

Thanks for the help.

Ok, I could try that, but I prefer digital audio signal since it's better than 3.5, i think.
The headphone/line out is exactly the same quality as the output of the D/A convertor so you’re not losing anything.

Have you connected USB power to the DAC? I see it doesn't come with an adapter & needs 1A. If you're using a USB port on the TV for power it might not have enough current.

As well as setting PCM output you may also need to manually select the optical output in the Sony menu.

Have you connected USB power to the DAC? I see it doesn't come with an adapter & needs 1A. If you're using a USB port on the TV for power it might not have enough current.

As well as setting PCM output you may also need to manually select the optical output in the Sony menu.
yes, I connected to TV usb port, it shows 2A , i set the PCM, but cant' find optical out in Sony Menu...

Sorry for the dumbo questions....would this be OK to use to connect my xh9505 to my amp/reciever(or if you could recomend something better)....and what is the advantage of using that box in the OP's link....... https://business.currys.co.uk/catal...o9QZzlUueG-K2BxCrGxoCjAkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Yes that will work but that price is a rip-off.
The same thing can be bought from Amazon or eBay for a couple of quid and gold plating isn't necessary.
Amazon product ASIN B00O29YAHYView: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Valueline-3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Adapter-Black/dp/B00O29YAHY/ref=asc_df_B00O29YAHY/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=214453842616&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10085518310449191761&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046916&hvtargid=pla-423532063588&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

The D/A convertor box was suggested to the OP because his amp did not have an optical input and he needed something that could plug in to his RCA Phono Aux input.
If your amp has an optical input just use an optical cable from your TV.

Yes that will work but that price is a rip-off.
The same thing can be bought from Amazon or eBay for a couple of quid and gold plating isn't necessary.
Amazon product ASIN B00O29YAHYView: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Valueline-3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Adapter-Black/dp/B00O29YAHY/ref=asc_df_B00O29YAHY/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=214453842616&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10085518310449191761&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046916&hvtargid=pla-423532063588&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

The D/A convertor box was suggested to the OP because his amp did not have an optical input and he needed something that could plug in to his RCA Phono Aux input.
If your amp has an optical input just use an optical cable from your TV.

Thanks for the reply JayCee 👍.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom