• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Sony XBR65A1E vs LG OLED65G6P?

Hamsnacks

Novice Member
Hello,

Looking at upgrading my Samsung PN64F8500, sold it today and wanting to pick up one of these tv's this week.

I read another post regarding a comparison but that was when the Sony was still not yet released, so no real accurate reviews or opinions.
Now that the TVs have been out for a while, asking which TV you would prefer and the reason why.
I know you can't go wrong with either TV, but does one have the slight edge over the other, price is not an issue and both are 65".
Also I know the TVs aren't identical and have their different features, just looking for a personal opinion on why you think one would be better than the other.

Thanks in advance.

Dodgexander

I would say go for the Sony as the picture processing and motion will be slightly better. Both cracking tv's though. Whether its worth the extra or not though I'm not sure.

The 2017 models are quite overpriced right now, but if budget isn't an issue then I don't see why you wouldn't go for the Sony.

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
If price no issue then sony without any doubts. Free uhd player lately and expect 10 percent this we for father day

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom