Question Sony XBR 850C or the Vizio M Series?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by BoostHungry, Jun 22, 2015.

1. BoostHungry

BoostHungry
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in the market for a new 2015 UHD TV. I've ruled out Samsung's SUHD sets mainly due to cost, partially due to preference.

I was really considering the Sony XBR 850C. The Triluminos Display, X1 Engine, and Android TV are some of the selling points on the 850C, I don't need more than that but I don't want less within the Sony lineup.

A buddy pointed me towards the new 2015 Vizio M Series where I could get the 60 inch for less than the Sony 55 inch which would fit better in my living room. On paper the Vizio seems like a great option but I haven't seen any direct comparisons.

Can anyone weigh in on the Sony 850C vs the Vizio M Series? If the Sony is a better TV, I'm happy trying to convince my wife that it's worth more, but I don't want to over spend for the sake of overspending.

Primary Concerns:
    - Color
    - Glare
    - Motion (I hate artificial motion judder, I would buy a Panasonic Plasma if I still could)
    - App Support and usability (seems they both have good app support, does one have a better UI or UI performance?)

2. StevenR

StevenR
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here in the USA these models (M series) get ratings of 8+ out of ten - biggest fault is side angle viewing. Like most things one almost always gets what one pays for so for my wife and I (both retired) the picture was as nice as the 2015 Samsung 8500 for 2D AND the price was 30% less so it was a no brainer to go for the 70" model to replace a really old 55" model. The picture is great but we only have a few things to watch in UHD mode but for everything else the picture is sharper with better colors. One doesn't lose out on apps and nor much else. No glare problems but as this is day two we will have to wait to report on motion and there are more apps than we will ever use - too many hobbies.